“Fabulous Spa Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Studio City, California
“Fabulous Spa Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Functional hotel with a nice restaurant and pleasant staff. It's location is not the best if you have business in downtown, but my husband was there for a meeting so it was nice to have all the amenities (pool, fitness, good restaurant) at hand. Room service was very disorganized - both times we had to call back for missing items, once for cold food and cream that had turned. But they corrected the problems quickly.
We had a room in the 340's and if you have trouble walking a distance I would suggest requesting a room closer to the elevator.
I treated myself to a spa treatment and was so glad I did! Yung(sp) the esthetician was amazing. The spa is nicely appointed, with everything a spa should have.

Room Tip: We had a room in the 340's and if you have trouble walking a distance I would suggest requesting...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Elliott W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Please keep in mind that even though we are not located in the downtown sector, we are quite close and we do offer a shuttle into downtown at no charge. The shuttle service is a first come first serve--the shuttle travels in a 5 mile radius around the hotel which includes downtown, so next time you visit just ask if it is available should you feel the need to venture into downtown. I apologize for the room service issues, I will bring it to the attention of the restaurant, but I am glad they were able to correct the issues quickly. Spa Lale is a sanctuary, the epitome of relaxation. I am glad you were able to utilize the amenities we have to offer and we look forward to your next visit. Again, thank you for writing.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

staff was friendly. really had a long day travelling and only stayed here to drop my head so can't comment too much on the experience. I found it perfectly fine - clean, updated. room service came from scott's and was fine. my colleague took a walk along the water so seemed to be a perfectly serviceable place. windows opened which to me is a major plus compared to all the city hotels I stay in which seal you in.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Elliott W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you for writing this review. Our goal is to ensure a comfortable stay and to provide friendly service to our guests and I am glad we were able to accomplish this with you. I do hope next time you come stay you can actually enjoy the various amenities that we offer. Again, thank you for your kind words and we look forward to providing you with the same great service and comfortable stay next time you are here.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

I was a little nervous about staying here after the most recent reviews but I have to disagree with the most recent postings. I love this hotel! Every staff person I met was welcoming, friendly and helpful! Jacquelin at the front desk was so helpful and friendly and made us feel so welcomed. Upon checking in she offered to make our dinner reservations. I am glad she did as it was quite busy at the restaurant. I love the decor of the hotel. It is classy and classical. The room was large, quiet (and yes, we were on the I-5 side), the bed super comfortable. My husband stated it feels a little like a resort on the river and we both said that when we book a hotel, this is exactly what we are looking for! I will definitely stay here again anytime I am in Sacramento. We did not need to be downtown so the location was absolutely perfect! Thank you Westin for a very comfortable stay!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank itech425
Elliott W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Thank you very much for writing this review. Reading your review is quite refreshing after the last couple of reviews, but everyone has their own opinions and they are entitled to them. We do our best to make sure each guest leaves the hotel feeling good about the hotel choice they made and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. The parkview rooms are very quiet as our engineering team has gone through great lengths to ensure the peace and quiet on that side of the hotel. Again, thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with the Tripadvisor world and look forward to your return stay.
Lake Tahoe
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

I'm speachless with the treatment I recieved at this property. I used a suite night upgrade from SPG because mine are starting to expire. My "suite" is a regular room on the corner. I know that suite designation is up to the property. But I was so shocked in the room that I called the fornt desk to say I think you made a mistake. Response was "does your room have a fireplace?" Said no. Then surly manager told me they consider this regular corner room is a suite. He was rude and then debated with me what a suite is. I really hope NONE of you ever pay for a suite and get room 346. It's over the kitchen. Sitnky! And the I-5 Noise is awful. Also, this location is very far from downtown. So, don't book for business. I'm definately booking my next three meetings back at the Sheraton Grand. They know all about service and style. Also, this "suite" doesn't have a desk. Excuse the ty[pos because I'm writing this from the most uncomfortable table chair/situation for work I've ever encountered from SPG. I will tell you that the only bright spot was that Robert the valet is a superstar. All of the staff should take his demeanor as a hallmark of what service is. I even called my ambassador at SPG to specifically tell them (1) property sucks; and (2) Robert should be GM.

Room Tip: Um, considering 346 is a "suite", forget staying here.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SPGwanderlust
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am sorry that you felt the way you did about the room you were in. In speaking the the manager on duty that you spoke with that evening, you were given 1,000 points for your dissatisfaction with the room and the inability to upgrade you to a different suite as we were sold out. I do apologize that this was not to your satisfaction and I hope that you will give our hotel another chance in the future. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Terrible (no) service. Located next to I-5, the rooms are very noisy. If you ask for different rooms staff turns very unfriendly. Rooms are furnished with the latest cheap chic. No mini bar. I will never stay here again and I do not recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Elliott W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Thank you for writing this review. It is always good for us to hear varying opinions of our property. We do our best to serve our guests as best we can and to make sure their stays are enjoyinable, I am sorry the level of service was not up to your standard and that your stay was not enjoyable. Again, thank you for taking the time to write and wish you well in your future travels.
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed here for my nephews wedding and enjoyed our stay! We had the rehearsal dinner here and it was good! The rooms are large and comfortable with the beds being top notch. The staff was very friendly and helpful ! I would stay here again if in the area!

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the river are preferable !
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Elliott W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. Congrats to your nephew on his wedding!! We are quite pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Those Westin Heavenly beds are very nice, its like sleeping on a cloud. Did you know that you can purchase at fine retailers like Nordstroms? Again, thank you for writing and we look forward to your next stay.
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

Impressive hotel - great location off I-5 in Sacramento. Usual wonderful Westin quality. The beds are fabulous. I stayed in a room overlooking the river - lovely setting. Dogs are free up to 45 pounds and are also furnished with Westin heavenly beds. The bathroom is amazing with inviting tub. Room service and restaurant provide high quality food.

Room Tip: Worth the upgrade to river side.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank m1canine
Elliott W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you very much for your review. Being a new Westin property it is very nice to hear that the Westin quality is there and that guests such as yourself notice that we are not lacking in anything Westin. I am pleased that you had good stay with us and that you have shared your great experience on Tripadvisor. Again, thank you for writing and we look forward to producing the same top notch service and experience next time you come stay.