“Mostly great... some bad”

The Westin Sacramento
Ranked #15 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersBronze level
California
“Mostly great... some bad”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed many nights as Le Rivage - and a couple under Westin. No real difference; great rooms. really nice staff. Very pricey for the area and the parking makes is sometimes not worth the cost or hassle. Literally nothing around it; luckily Scott's is a great restaurant. Easy drive to downtown, but not the closest "nice" hotel by far.

Room Tip: Lots fees and add-ons. No quick breakfast or even decent coffee. Rooms are unbelievable and very co...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank JackCa_12
Elliott W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with us. We are pleased that you have been a loyal guest for a while now since you have been staying since before our name change. Scott's is a fantastic option for dining and downtown is a very short drive. Don't forget about the shuttle next time you visit, this way you will not have to worry about parking and allow us to do the driving into downtown and back. We do appreciate your business and we look forward to your next stay. And thank you again for writing this review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I've stayed at the Westin twice, on business both times. I prefer staying downtown, since this Westin is a 15 minute drive from most restaurants. It's also right next to I-5, so if highway noise bothers you, it's not ideal. That being said, the rooms are quite large, and their room service menu is very good, just not very extensive.

Room Tip: Request a room with less highway noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. It is true we are just a short drive outside of the downtown area where of course you will find more eating options and more things to do. However keep in mind that we do have a courtesy shuttle that will take guests to the downtown area and pick you up as well at no charge. Next time you are here just ask if it is available. Again, thank you for taking the time to write the review and we look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Great hotel and staff. The hotel is nice clean and the staff is on top of everything. As expected from a Western hotel. The seafood restraint is outstanding. There are a large variety of fresh seas food and excellent steaks.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Elliott W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review about your experience. The staff takes great pride in providing excellent service, our goal to have each guest leave our hotel feeling the way you do. Again, thank you for taking the time to write this review and we look forward to your next stay.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 24 January 2014

If you’re in desperate need of a getaway but unable to find the time or the money to GET…AWAY…I have the answer to your prayers! Or what about family coming to town at the last minute and you need a place in a pinch?! I got that place! As a daughter who just lived through a last-minute parental pop-in, I have the Westin Sacramento to thank for a better relationship with my mother!! She needed a hotel in a matter of days and I was scrambling. The Westin Sacramento immediately came to mind since it was a steady fixture on my morning commute. I checked the prices and the rate seemed too good to be true!
Upon further investigation, I was pleasantly surprised when I walked the hotel grounds. Nestled along the banks of the Sacramento River, the Westin Sacramento is a peaceful pitstop for locals and travelers alike. From the walking trail that’s just off the main lobby to the bocce ball courts overlooking the water, this place has the ability to de-stress and re-energize anyone. I was excited for my mom to experience this and even more excited that I got to experience it with her!
And the room definitely did not disappoint! I first noticed the dreamy bed with its puffy appearance and inviting sheets (which definitely felt better than they looked). My eyes then went to the window—or what I thought was a window and actually turned out to be a door to a private balcony! This really couldn’t get any better but, believe me, it did! The bathroom turned out to be almost as big as the room! It came with all the modern amenities you’d expect with a high class hotel but also a few little surprises that made it extra special—one of which being a deep-soaking claw-foot tub!! Who does that?!
After a meal at Scott’s Seafood and a massage at Spa Lale, my mom has declared Westin Sacramento her permanent residence here in Sacramento. And I have to say, I will be spending much for time there myself! If you’re in the mood for a quick vacation (or just a little R&R) do yourself a favor and check out all that the Westin Sacramento has to offer!

Room Tip: Get a second floor room with a view of the river!!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Elliott W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is true we do get a lot of "stay-cationers" that are just trying to get away without leaving town. We do our best to provide this kind of experience, one that guests feel relaxed and well taken care of while staying here. We are very happy your mom enjoyed the property and her experience and look forward to her return. Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed at this property from Dec. 23-26 primarily because we wanted to be near our son's home where we celebrated Christmas. I believe the nightly rate was $139. We are members of the Starwood Loyalty program and normally receive a number of amenities. Such was NOT the case at this particular hotel. First, I requested a river view room. Even though the hotel was virtually empty, our request was denied (an additional $40 per night was required to be "upgraded" to river view). I should point out that this river is more of a muddy creek than a beautifully landscaped waterfront. The front desk people were superficially nice but most requests went in one ear and out the other. For example, our telephone was not working and when we reported it, front desk agent said it would be taken care of immediately. The "immediately" was the third day of our stay shortly we before checked out. In all fairness, I should mention that Johnny, doorman, was extremely friendly and helpful. Likewise, Mustafa, who was assigned to the front desk, did us a huge favor one evening by finding us a tasty dinner one evening after the restaurant, Scotts, closed early because of the holidays. In total, this Westin property needs some fine-tuning before it can be transformed into an acceptable hotel property. We'll stick with the downtown Sheraton Grand until these deficiencies are remedied.

Room Tip: Insist on a river view room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank maltasr
San Diego, California
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I recently stayed with my wife, children, and a couple of their friends. I can't marvel enough about how attentive the staff are and how clean the property is. Everything is well maintained and if I ever needed a couple extra things or items to be sent up to the room, I was promptly attended within 5 minutes from the time I put the phone down.
The front desk accommodated us with adjoining rooms, which I thought would be impossible since it was last minute. Doors were always opened for us and we were greeted with friendly smiles throughout. The restaurant was great as well. Thank you very much for making our stay very comforting and making us, ordinary people, feel like we were VIPS of the hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Eytsel120
Elliott W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. It's reviews like these that keep us going and continuing to put our best foot forward for our guests. Each guest that stays with us is a VIP! We do our best to hire the right people, the people that actually care about others and show it through their hard work and attention to the needs of our guests. We are pleased to have had you as guests and we look forward to the next time you come to visit. Again, thank you for writing and sharing your experience with us and the Tripadvisor world.
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

The location of this Westin has to be the best in all of Sacramento. On the river and looking across at a yacht harbor surrounded with palm trees. A real oasis!!! The Scott's Seafood Restaurant is great and the outside sitting area is wonderful.

Stayed November 2013
2 Thank LOCheydog
Elliott W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. The words used in the title of the review speaks for itself. We do our very best to provide outstanding service companied with a fantastic location. Our spot is a small retreat, we get a lot of locals that stay for the weekend because it feels like they have travelled to a land far away. I thank you for your kind words and we will continue to strive to make our property a true "oasis". We look forward to your next visit with us.