The Westin Sacramento
US$175
US$169
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
All reviewsscott's seafoodsacramento riverclaw foot tubself parkingseparate showerriver viewrain showerheavenly bedwhite tunajunior suitepoop bagshotel groundshave stayed here many timesupon checka king size bedfavorite hotelstandard room
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The property was beautiful. Rooms were spacious, clean, well-appointed, and felt luxurious! Especially the slipper bathtub- very elegant! Staff was always eager to open doors, ask if we needed anything. Great service. The beds were amazing- crisp white linens and perfect pillows. Loved having a balcony (although the highway is loud! Maybe request a riverside room if seeking quiet) but didn't bother us. Someone mentioned they're going to remodel to 'modernize'- which I find unnecessary because the hotel is so charming. Thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Elliott W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor nation. It is very comforting to hear guests speak of the service and the property the way you have as this is why we are here. We are all very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. To speak to the remodel, we are going to change a few things, however I invite to come back to experience the changes yourself, I am quite sure you will not be dissappointed. Again, thank you very much for this kind review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed many nights as Le Rivage - and a couple under Westin. No real difference; great rooms. really nice staff. Very pricey for the area and the parking makes is sometimes not worth the cost or hassle. Literally nothing around it; luckily Scott's is a great restaurant. Easy drive to downtown, but not the closest "nice" hotel by far.

Room Tip: Lots fees and add-ons. No quick breakfast or even decent coffee. Rooms are unbelievable and very comfortable. Almost makes it worth the pain to park and over all cost. Scott's always has great food and a fun bar. The hotel seems full most nights; so I guess it's just me... :-)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank JackCa_12
Elliott W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with us. We are pleased that you have been a loyal guest for a while now since you have been staying since before our name change. Scott's is a fantastic option for dining and downtown is a very short drive. Don't forget about the shuttle next time you visit, this way you will not have to worry about parking and allow us to do the driving into downtown and back. We do appreciate your business and we look forward to your next stay. And thank you again for writing this review.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I've stayed at the Westin twice, on business both times. I prefer staying downtown, since this Westin is a 15 minute drive from most restaurants. It's also right next to I-5, so if highway noise bothers you, it's not ideal. That being said, the rooms are quite large, and their room service menu is very good, just not very extensive.

Room Tip: Request a room with less highway noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. It is true we are just a short drive outside of the downtown area where of course you will find more eating options and more things to do. However keep in mind that we do have a courtesy shuttle that will take guests to the downtown area and pick you up as well at no charge. Next time you are here just ask if it is available. Again, thank you for taking the time to write the review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Great hotel and staff. The hotel is nice clean and the staff is on top of everything. As expected from a Western hotel. The seafood restraint is outstanding. There are a large variety of fresh seas food and excellent steaks.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Elliott W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review about your experience. The staff takes great pride in providing excellent service, our goal to have each guest leave our hotel feeling the way you do. Again, thank you for taking the time to write this review and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

If you’re in desperate need of a getaway but unable to find the time or the money to GET…AWAY…I have the answer to your prayers! Or what about family coming to town at the last minute and you need a place in a pinch?! I got that place! As a daughter who just lived through a last-minute parental pop-in, I have the Westin Sacramento to thank for a better relationship with my mother!! She needed a hotel in a matter of days and I was scrambling. The Westin Sacramento immediately came to mind since it was a steady fixture on my morning commute. I checked the prices and the rate seemed too good to be true!
Upon further investigation, I was pleasantly surprised when I walked the hotel grounds. Nestled along the banks of the Sacramento River, the Westin Sacramento is a peaceful pitstop for locals and travelers alike. From the walking trail that’s just off the main lobby to the bocce ball courts overlooking the water, this place has the ability to de-stress and re-energize anyone. I was excited for my mom to experience this and even more excited that I got to experience it with her!
And the room definitely did not disappoint! I first noticed the dreamy bed with its puffy appearance and inviting sheets (which definitely felt better than they looked). My eyes then went to the window—or what I thought was a window and actually turned out to be a door to a private balcony! This really couldn’t get any better but, believe me, it did! The bathroom turned out to be almost as big as the room! It came with all the modern amenities you’d expect with a high class hotel but also a few little surprises that made it extra special—one of which being a deep-soaking claw-foot tub!! Who does that?!
After a meal at Scott’s Seafood and a massage at Spa Lale, my mom has declared Westin Sacramento her permanent residence here in Sacramento. And I have to say, I will be spending much for time there myself! If you’re in the mood for a quick vacation (or just a little R&R) do yourself a favor and check out all that the Westin Sacramento has to offer!

Room Tip: Get a second floor room with a view of the river!!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Elliott W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is true we do get a lot of "stay-cationers" that are just trying to get away without leaving town. We do our best to provide this kind of experience, one that guests feel relaxed and well taken care of while staying here. We are very happy your mom enjoyed the property and her experience and look forward to her return. Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review.