The Westin Sacramento
Autograph
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
US$87
All reviewsscott's seafoodsacramento riverclaw foot tubself parkingseparate showerriver viewrain showerheavenly bedwhite tunajunior suitepoop bagshotel groundshave stayed here many timesupon checka king size bedfavorite hotelstandard room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2014

First of all, when making a reservation I would appreciate not being deceived. I only booked the double bed rooms because I was told that I wouldn't have to change rooms. Well I was wrong. If I knew in advance that I would have to change rooms I would have booked the King the first night and then the Double the second night. GG Westin reservations.

Oh I did complain but they said they were fully booked so oh well. Whatever. Not like I will be staying there again anytime soon.

Anyway, this the 2nd hotel that I have encountered that provides a sewing kit. They also had a real tub as well. Very cool. They also provided moist towelettes and a nail file and cotton swabs and balls among the regular toiletries that are usually provided.

Both rooms we had, gave a nice view of the river which was nice. Beware if they are having an event, it will be loud and you won't be sleeping till the even was over. We were there for a wedding and apparently, they had 4 weddings back to back as told by one of the staff who we encountered in the elevator.

If you decide against the valet for self parking, be warned it is a walk from the parking to the hotel. They do provide a ride from the parking to the hotel but from the hotel to the parking you have to walk.

The tent they have weddings in was really nice but HOT. So hopefully your table won't be in the sun like our's, lol. We were dying in the heat. Luckily there was a fan next to the table which wasn't on because the knob was broken. One of the staff found another to turn it on.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Jacqueline H, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

I would like to thank you for staying with us at The Westin Sacramento. While it is unfortunate that there were some issue's with your reservation I do apologize for what this might have caused you on your stay with us. I do hope this does not affect your stay in the future as we always try to please our guest's. Summer is a very busy time for our hotel as we do host many weddings every weekend so being sold out is very frequent at our hotel. I am sure my staff would have done anything and everything to try to accommodate you if this was not the case and our hands were not tied. In any case I am glad you enjoyed the room, our heavenly showers are a great perk of staying at the Westin and the Claw Footed bathtub too is something most guest's do envy! Every man or women sure do enjoy a good soak when the days are long and all you're looking for is a little rest and relaxation. It is our duty to always make your stay as relaxing as possible and perks like that sure do help. Our shuttle service from the hotel is always running we shuttle guests to and from their cars if they would not like to walk. So if a guest ever did need a ride to their car we are more than willing to call the shuttle to the front to better serve you. Some of the weddings we host are held in the tent, we try our very best to accommodate our guests on the hot summer days who are in the tent and also the riverview sided rooms for the noise. Overall I am very happy that you had such an enjoyable time, your feedback is very important to us and we use this as tools to monitor our progress and measure our success. Thank you again!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Only a short 10-15 minute drive from the airport and less than that to Old Town this hotel sits on the river and provides large comfortable quiet rooms with large flat screen tv and a large comfortable bathroom with separate free standing tub and glass enclosed shower.

Room Tip: Only three stories so not a big deal. Free wi-fi in lobby. We had a room near and was able to use this from our room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard S
Jacqueline H, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

I am delighted that you had such a wonderful experience during your stay and thank you for the great review, Our prime location set in the heart of capitol, and suited next to Sacramento river, and Scott's Seafood is also known as the best seafood restaurant in Sacramento area.here at The Westin Sacramento we ensure our guest(s) experience the best possible and memorable stay. i am looking forward to welcoming you back to our property

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This Westin truly has a primo location, on the Sacramento River, but a few minutes away from the more busy downtown area. My room had the plus of a balcony overlooking the river. Since the weather was mild, it was very relaxing to just open the sliding door and let the fresh air waft into the room. Also, though it's not an inexpensive choice, the food and service at the Scott's Seafood is memorable.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the river.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HardBop
Jacqueline H, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you so much for the feedback, our location is a prime one as it does sit right against the Sacramento river. The Westin loves being so close to such a beautiful view, although it is a small drive to downtown at this hotel you feel like you’re staying at a home away from home. Not to mention that being so close to the river like you had stated, the breeze is just right to where anyone can sit outside or even in their room and enjoy the fresh air. The Westin Sacramento is all about making your stay relaxing and tranquil and I am so glad we could do this for you. We hope to see you again next time you are in Sacramento and thank you so much for taking the time to tell us all about your stay!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is a beautiful hotel and of course the beds and rooms were great as all Westins usually are. The ac unit is loud as a previous customer stated thank goodness we are heavy sleepers. But.... Don't expect to stay in bed and order breakfast as my husband and I planned. They have a book with what appears to be great breakfast but after being on hold forever I started feeling uneasy then they come back to tell me they are in transition from breakfast to brunch at 0855???? Really??? Then she says well all we have available is cold stuff the hot stuff you can get at 930???? Really??? So I verify and say so I can order an omelette then??? She says well we won't know what we have available. I said goodbye!! Extremely disappointing for a great hotel. Will not come back!!

• Stayed: June 2014

I am so glad that you enjoyed our property during your stay with us, it is a stunning place to both stay at and work at I must say! I am sorry about the miscommunication with the Father’s day brunch that you experienced during your stay. The restaurant did have over 600 covers for the Father’s day brunch so their cut off time for breakfast was enforced to set up for brunch. Letters were sent up the night before and the morning of to let guests know about the limited menu that they offered at the restaurant and also room service . The communication as far as I can tell between yourself and the hostess at Scott’s however is an issue I will bring to Scott’s attention. I am terribly sorry for that and would like to apologize on behalf of our hotel and the restaurant staff for your experience. I hope you know that this comment will be taken very seriously and if you do ever come back to stay at our hotel I am sure that you will not run into this issue again. Thank you again for the feedback and for your honesty with this issue, ill be sure to follow up with all parties involved.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I am a loyal SPG customer. I was astonished to find a new to me Westin property just south of Sac on the I-5. This was another brand that converted to a Westin late in 2013. Oh my. I am such a happy camper because I will be in Sacramento a lot this year for biz and I adore this property. The service at this Westin rocks. As an SPG gold member, I was upgraded to an amazing room facing the river. My only complaint to file is that the Canada Geese were awake at 5:00 am and announced their presence on the Sac River. BTW, Scott's rocks. Great seafood and happy hour specials.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the Sacramento River.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Jacqueline H, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

We love our loyal SPG customers, we are so glad that you had the opportunity to join us on your travels. Although we cannot control the Canada Geese that woke you up at 5:00am along the river what we can control is the way we make you feel during your stay. I am so glad my team was able to make you feel at home and stress-free while you stayed with us, as this is something we make every effort to accomplish with every guest that walks through our doors. Scott's Seafood is also known as the best seafood in Sacramento so I can see why you enjoyed our restaurant so much.Know that when your with us at The Westin your always in good hands. Thank you so much for this review and we hope to see you again in the near future when you travel to Sacramento.