“FISH GREASE FRIES”

Ranked #1,121 of 2,035 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Nationwide is currently advertising a hot dog special, so during my lunch break today I went by to try the hot dog/fries. I should have warned myself not to enter the restaurant because there were only four people eating and this was at 11:47 am. So that should have told me something. Anyway, I got the hot dog/fries to go. When I got back to my office,the dark greasy looking fries tasted like they were fried in old fish oil. The "hot dog" was a cheap ball park type frank you could buy at the Dollar store. It certainly wasn't all beef. The size of the hot dog was small. Like an idiot I paid $8.99 for this crap. They are charging $3.99 for a cheap hot dog and $1.00 for what resembled cheese. This place way over charges for crap food that I could prepare better at home but, like I said, I thought I'd try them out again. I'd been there about 5 years ago and we had very poor service and the food did not warrant the prices they charge. Needless to say, I will never give Nationwide Freezer Meats another red cent. I suspect they are going out of business with over charging and really cheap food items.

3  Thank Trigonum C

Reviewed 13 February 2013

The fresh beef is lean, yet rich, buttery and delicious!! Soooo juicy....and the patties are ginormous. I got a double and I have half for lunch tomorrow. This place is for serious burger lovers. If you're not a burger fan, you can always get a milkshake. Their Peanut Butter shake is soooo faboo, I would gladly drown in it with a smile on my face. The onion rings are also delish, with just a pinch of cornmeal in the batter so they come out a little sweet and nicely crisp!

Back to the burgers: Did I mention they are almost like demi-gods themselves? I don't care where you think you've gotten the best burger in Sacramento, if it's anywhere but here, you are just plain wrong.

Deco is homage to a 50's style diner -- exactly what you want in a good burger joint. Plain Jane decor because they put all their energy and love into the best hamburgers ever!
Go. Eat. Enjoy. Thank me later. And take only cash or your debit card.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I had enjoyed the burgers at this local joint when they were in their original location off J street and 24th, but since they moved to a larger location on H Street, I have not been as impressed. My wife wanted to have a "good burger," so we gave them another try this past Saturday.

The burger was overall better than McDonald's or even In-and-Out, but ...the meat was really not up to anything to be excited about and the produce was totally unimpressive. As the headline notes, the bun was actually the best part of the burger and maybe some people like the heavy, greasy, thick-cut fries, but I sure don't.

The burger at Denny's is better, IMHO, and we won't be going back.

1  Thank gparrott
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Nothing fussy about these burgers. They're based on good meat, and they only make it better from there. Not a froo-froo place; clean and friendly and perfectly fine for going and getting a true good hamburger when you really need one.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

I love this place. The burgers are amazing, as are the milkshakes. It might look like a whole in the wall, but you will not be disappointed. I consider myself a bit of a burger expert and I go out of my way to go here.