“Try the 'very hot chilli sauce'”
Review of Bali Kitchen

Bali Kitchen
Ranked #60 of 2,003 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: US$9 - US$12
Cuisines: Indonesian
Description: It's all about the Spice! We use spices you've never heard of, for flavor you'll never forget!! Indo Cafe is a family owned, friendly cafe in Old Town Sacramento that serves authentic Indonesian cuisine and other tasty, healthy Asian dishes.
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Try the 'very hot chilli sauce'”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I am a student in Davis and I'm coming from Indonesia. I miss my country's food so much and I had lunch in Indo Cafe yesteday. I ordered Ayam Sambel Sereh (grilled chicken breast with spicy sauce) and Nasi Uduk (coconut milk rice). The taste was really good and very authentic! The chef is Indonesian woman. She and her husband run this restaurant. I would love to come again during weekend!

• Visited April 2014

OLYMPIA
“Fantastic Thai Food”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stopped in Old Town Sacramento for a unique lunch and wasn't disappointed. The BBQ chicken sate' was great and the peanut sauce was a special treat. Also had chicken curry with noodles and a little spice. It was just perfect. The restaurant is just a little hole in the wall with only two little tables, but sitting outside on the poarch on a beautiful day eating great Thai food is really a treat.

• Visited March 2014
Sacramento, California
“Indonesian food, real and delicious”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Indo serves the food I enjoyed while living in Malaysia and better than the Indonesian food that recall having in Amsterdam. Few places in the US, or anywhere, serve such delectable light peanut sauce and savory rice. Indo's generous portion of authentic noodles is tasty like I remember from street stalls in Asia. It is inexpensive. The simple, clean and friendly ambience provided by the cook/owner is comforting. Indo is our first choice place to eat in Old Sac.

• Visited October 2013
San Francisco, California
“Lunch with an Indonesian Friend”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My Indonesian friend and I have lunch here occasionally, during our birthdays. So today we revisited the place. I was actually the one who recommended this to her as she did not know it even exists. Today was another one of our lunch dates.

At other times when I visit here, I order their gado gado (salad). But we both had the same lunch but I opted without the beef so they added more peanuts. Your typical Indonesian food that you can make spicy or not. I also had their nice ice tea. The serving portion was not too much but I did not finish it so I took the rest home. Overall, I was happy This is one of my favorite hangouts. It is located at Old Town, a tourist destination.

The menu is simple, the place is very quaint and the other owners are very nice. You can even get a "punch card" where you can get your 10th lunch free. :)

• Visited August 2013
Panama City, Panama
“An oasis of Indo”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

While on a 9 hour layover on Amtrak, I stumbled on this quaint little place. I am mixed with Indonesian and it was a great place to hang out and get to know the new owners who took over a few months ago. I had the nasi goreng and enjoyed being taken back to familiar flavors. Might not be like oma made it, but definitely worth the visit!

• Visited July 2013