“Hilarious”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Every time I've been to a Suspects show I have had a blast. Very funny, very entertaining, and it's cheaper than getting dinner and then seeing play anywhere else. Great time.

There are newer reviews for Suspects Mystery Theater

Reviewed 20 August 2011

To celebrate my mother's 70th birthday my sister wanted to do something special and different. Knowing that my wife and I had visited suspects dinner theater back in 1990, she asked if we would do it again. We agreed. The venue has changed, instead of gathering in a storefront in Old Sacramento, guests are herded into a banquet room aboard the Delta King (a historic steamship converted into a restaurant). Don't arrive too early, as the lounge area is rather small.

The actors did their best to make the evening enjoyable, incorporting comedy into the murder mystery... The food was average at best, and the service was just acceptable. My mom thoroughly enjoyed the evening, probably due to the fact that she was surrounded by family; her sister, her kids, her grandkids... You get the picture.

In any case, I certainly wouldn't classify this as a "Must do" when visiting Sacramento, but I will close with the same words I opened with... "You get out of it what you put into it." If you decide to go, have fun; it's definitely possible!

Reviewed 19 December 2010

Worst entertainment evening of my life! Just was not funny, poor acting by "want-to-be" but never will be comedians. Mystery plot made no sense! I was there to celebrate my 60th birthday with my family and was very disappointed. It just was an overpriced and poorly run entertainment venue. Actors were clearly making strains to entertain. It was embarrassing. The food was sub-par and the portions were skimpy. Save your money!

1  Thank Kevinaudit
Reviewed 28 February 2009

Terrible food -- I could not eat the salad, the steak was over cooked as was the vegtables and the powdered mashed potatoes were inedible. The chicken was tiny and dry, the pasta dish tasted like shoe leather. The dessert was some kind of rubbery dough filled with imitation whip cream. -- Bottom line nearly inedible.

The mystery was the worst theatre I have ever seen. It was the longest two hours of my life. I have no idea what was going on or why. Stupid dialog from the worst actors and comedians on the planet. The price is $80 per couple with drinks separate. A huge waste of time and money. I could not wait for it to end and get out of a room that makes a banquet room at the Holiday in look good.

Reviewed 9 May 2008

This really was a fantastic way to spend an evening in Sacramento. My daughter and I were in town from the Seattle area for the Michael Buble concert that was on Sunday and I was searching the internet for something to do Saturday evening. I came across "Suspects" and called to make the reservations. Glad I did! I recommend this to anyone looking for a night of great fun in the form of a comedic live game of clue. The food was delicious too. We both had the vegetarian lasagna. Try this out...you'll definitely enjoy!