“Awful. Just plain awful.”

Suspects Mystery Theater
Ranked #893 of 1,994 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Sacramento, California
“Awful. Just plain awful.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

We attended the Suspects Mystery Theater in Sacramento this weekend. What a terrible time. We had been several years ago and loved it. Boy has that production gone downhill. The mystery was always kitchy but it was still fun. This time we had the same guy running it but it was terrible. But the worst part was the "food." Fatty steak, rehydrated potatoes and it was all cold. For $40 we could have had a pretty nice dinner in Sacramento that would have been edible. We left the show hungry.

Find something else if you are in Sacramento, this is not worth the time or money.

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank Zephyr11_11

California
“Not the best, not the worst”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

We have been to various similar events in different places, and I would say the Suspects Mystery Theater was about average. It was entertaining, and the food was pretty good. My only complaints were that the food was pretty slow to come out (we didn't even have bread for quite a while), and the sound system was set much too loud.

I would recommend heading downstairs to line up before it is actually time to do so. We waited in the bar until called, and then the line was very long and slow. If we had been closer to the front of the line, we could have at least been sitting down that whole time. I wish they had more people up front checking in people so the line would go faster.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jim_and_Barbie
San Diego, California
“Folks 56th Wedding Anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

The cast went out of their way to include my parents on their special day! Thank you for making it so special for them...

Visited September 2012
Oregon
“No Mystery, no Theater and very little dinner.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

This evening had murder, five in fact. However, there was no answer to why these five people were murdered, there were no clues, no story line and no plot. In fact, there was no mystery, no theater and very little dinner. The only mystery was why people keep coming back to this event.

The meal was small and not very good. In fact the meat was tough and the vegetarian option had to be sent back. A guest gets the feeling that the entire business is all about getting the guests to buy more drinks. This is billed as interactive but we quickly noticed that not everyone gets to play. Although my hand was raised many times no one came over to ask what I noticed.

The evening consisted of one loud person with a very annoying voice just running around acting silly and touching peoples' hair, which was very disturbing.

When booking the tickets I left a message for someone to call as I had questions and no one called back after I left 7 messages.

It is a shame that these people continue to take everyone's money and not deliver. As they have a steady business I guess they don't care what people think.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank travelrite_7
Glendale, Arizona
“Fun Group Activity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

Laughed so hard. Unique night out with friends and family.

Visited December 2011