“I love seafood but I was a little disappointed overall.”

Fins Market & Grill
Ranked #341 of 2,018 Restaurants in Sacramento
Rancho Cordova, California
“I love seafood but I was a little disappointed overall.”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

This was my first time at Fins market and grill. I love trying new seafood places and I heard this one was probably the best in Sacramento. I ordered the fins combo with shrimp, tilapia and catfish. The fish was grilled which was great but honestly it was missing something, the catfish was light but needed more seasoning, the tilapia was very bland.
I might go back but first experience was very disappointing.

Folsom, California
“Yummy Seafood”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Love the seafood and also like that you can purchase to take home too

Visited February 2012
Sacramento, California
“Never again”
Reviewed 25 November 2011

In the past we had dinner there several times and have always enjoyed it. Well... what happened???? Each of our 3 dishes of the fish and the 1 scampi dinner were all overcooked. But, if you like coleslaw, they do have a good coleslaw, but that is not the reason we would ever go there again.

After we got home, we went on their website, and the owners have a 'Contact Us', so we sent them a nice email just letting them know how disappointed we were with the dinner. It's been 3 weeks since we sent the email, and we are so disappointed that they have not acknowledged our email. The least they can do is say....thank you for letting us know and we are sorry that you were not happy with your meal. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Visited October 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
“Not good enough for a second visit”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

As my friend noted when we walked in, "See, I told you it was a seafood place, it smells fishy." Quite frankly, I never think this is a good start to a seafood experience.

The wait staff was nice, but appeared untrained. Despite the place only being one third full and 4-5 waitresses running around for the 20 tables no one seemed to take charge of our dining experience. We waited at the door for a table. We waited at our table for a server. When you have 4 servers for 6 occupied tables, why the wait? This service was topped off with the server forgetting to bring my clam chowder before the meal. When I asked for it 3/4 of the way through the meal, she checked and they were out.

I can tolerate pleasant, if mediocre service, for great food. This was not it. We both ordered fish and chips, very traditional on a Friday. My friend substituted onion rings which I had seen as an appetizer as well. I thought they might be home made. NOT. Frozen onion rings with a $2 substitution charge. Enough said. The coleslaw was lightly dressed but quite good. The fish was not. Instead of a flaky white fish in a tasty batter, I got a single piece of cheap fish. It was fried so much it curled up and was very tough. I looked across the table and my friend had the exact same thing. The breading was almost fried away. I am not sure the cook has ever tasted a decent fish and chips before.

We had great conversation between two old friends, but the food did not enhance the evening one bit.

• Visited August 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The food seem to be tasty, although, the service was not the best.”
Reviewed 28 April 2008

The food seem to be tasty, although, the service was not the best.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook