“Pretty Good”

Fins Market & Grill
Ranked #406 of 2,024 Restaurants in Sacramento
Reviewed 2 October 2012

My friend and I had sandwiches. My sandwich was the special fish of the day (can't remember type) and my companion had salmon. We also each had a cup/bowl of New England Clam Chowder which is very good. The sandwiches come with a side of fries, coleslaw or vegetables. We had the fries and coleslaw. The portions on the sides were generous and my friend said the slaw was very good. The sandwiches were generously filled and the flavor very good. Their fish is displayed in a refrigerated case and non of it looks super fresh. I think their sandwich prices are a bit overpriced for what you get but I would return.

There are newer reviews for Fins Market & Grill

Reviewed 27 June 2012

This was my first time at Fins market and grill. I love trying new seafood places and I heard this one was probably the best in Sacramento. I ordered the fins combo with shrimp, tilapia and catfish. The fish was grilled which was great but honestly it was missing something, the catfish was light but needed more seasoning, the tilapia was very bland.
I might go back but first experience was very disappointing.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Love the seafood and also like that you can purchase to take home too

Reviewed 25 November 2011

In the past we had dinner there several times and have always enjoyed it. Well... what happened???? Each of our 3 dishes of the fish and the 1 scampi dinner were all overcooked. But, if you like coleslaw, they do have a good coleslaw, but that is not the reason we would ever go there again.

After we got home, we went on their website, and the owners have a 'Contact Us', so we sent them a nice email just letting them know how disappointed we were with the dinner. It's been 3 weeks since we sent the email, and we are so disappointed that they have not acknowledged our email. The least they can do is say....thank you for letting us know and we are sorry that you were not happy with your meal. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Reviewed 21 August 2011

As my friend noted when we walked in, "See, I told you it was a seafood place, it smells fishy." Quite frankly, I never think this is a good start to a seafood experience.

The wait staff was nice, but appeared untrained. Despite the place only being one third full and 4-5 waitresses running around for the 20 tables no one seemed to take charge of our dining experience. We waited at the door for a table. We waited at our table for a server. When you have 4 servers for 6 occupied tables, why the wait? This service was topped off with the server forgetting to bring my clam chowder before the meal. When I asked for it 3/4 of the way through the meal, she checked and they were out.

I can tolerate pleasant, if mediocre service, for great food. This was not it. We both ordered fish and chips, very traditional on a Friday. My friend substituted onion rings which I had seen as an appetizer as well. I thought they might be home made. NOT. Frozen onion rings with a $2 substitution charge. Enough said. The coleslaw was lightly dressed but quite good. The fish was not. Instead of a flaky white fish in a tasty batter, I got a single piece of cheap fish. It was fried so much it curled up and was very tough. I looked across the table and my friend had the exact same thing. The breading was almost fried away. I am not sure the cook has ever tasted a decent fish and chips before.

We had great conversation between two old friends, but the food did not enhance the evening one bit.