“Excellent value, very tasty food!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fortune House

Fortune House
Ranked #1,296 of 1,994 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent value, very tasty food!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

I went twice to this restaurant to get a take away dinner. I ordered one of their value meals from the laminated menu, Canton style. This was one of the testies chinese dinners that I ever had and this is why I went back. I especialy liked the foild wrapped chicken and the noodles. The wonton soup was also excellent. Most of the guests at the restaurant are chinese (which is a good sign in my mind). Service was fast and friendly. Would definitively go again if in town and would reccomend it to others.
This is a family-friendly restaurant with reasonable prices and very tasty food.

• Visited January 2013

Honolulu, Hawaii
“UnFortunate House”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

Manager Michael is the RUDE dude that spoils going there. They charge $10 corkage fee when you bring your own wine to kill the party mood. The guy with the earring must be taking lessons from him too. He STRONGLY insisted for a tip on us opening our bottles while using our own wine glasses. So here's my TIP = don't good there for there are lots of other places on Freeport Boulevard that don't make you feel unwelcome.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank CafeConCarlos
Orange, California, USA
“Inexpensive Family Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2012

In Sacramento for a family wedding, we dropped by Fortune House for a quick dinner. The family fixed dinner. $45 for 6 of us. I'd like to go back to try out more dishes.

• Visited October 2012
Sacramento, California
“Good dim sum at reasonable prices!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

The dim sum is pretty good and the prices are reasonable. I liked just about everything except the baked cha siu bow did not have very much meat in them. I would pass on these next time. The atmosphere is typically pretty noisy for a more authentic type of Chinese restaurant, but it was reasonably clean and there was a good amount of spacing between the tables and chairs. I have been to this restaurant several times and the parking can be tight on weekends, but there is a Target store just across the street so you can usually just park there and cross the street.

• Visited October 2012
“Ok place for lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

We used to eat at Fortune House before they closed and the food then was good. I just recently went again a few of days ago. The price of the food was reasonable $6.75 for lunch special. I had the #1 which had pork chow mein, sweet and sour pork, fried rice and foil wrapped chicken. It is a lot of food for your money, but the food was just okay. I didn't particularly care for the sweet and sour sauce they drenched all over the pork.