“Very nice!”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in St. Helena
Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania
“Very nice!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed here two nights last week while in town for a wedding. The hotel looks older on the outside but the rooms were very nice. Had a small patio out back as well as a fridge and small coffee maker. Disappointed in the ironing board as it was a tabletop size and no real place to put it. The breakfast was basic coffee, rolls, cereal, and fresh fruit. Did I mention the shower was great! Updated but a little hard to figure out how to use! Overall, very nice and would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Houston
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was looking for a decent place for less in Napa Valley. Ended up trying this place out based on other reviews. I was quite pleased! The room was spacious and comfortable, and well kept/clean. It was a pretty quaint place overall really, and had a cool atmosphere and charm to it in my opinion. Staff was also just fine. Not impressively friendly or anything, but not rude either. They didn't really engage me at any point at all, from check in to check out, but they certainly weren't bothersome in any way. If they had wowed me as well, i would have been over the top about this place. As it is now, I really enjoyed my stay and gladly will stay here again next time i'm in the area. It was very pleasant and enjoyable, overall!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Endwell, NY
Reviewed 29 May 2014

For the money, the accommodations were excellent! What kept this from being a 5 rating was the poor service at the front desk. We had several instances where they were completely inattentive and bordering on rude. It was not just one person, but it seemed to be the same quality of service no matter who was there. As an example, we had a person in our group have a fairly serious spill on a bike ride and when we got her back to the hotel and at tented to her in the lobby, the people there would not help or even act concerned. If management could address this issue, I would highly recommend this motel for your stay in St. Helena area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank UpstateTraveller33
USA
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is an old-style motel. The rooms are clean and in good condition, but they are basic motel rooms. Nothing fancy. The location is convenient. The breakfast was very basic -- the bare minimum, but the coffee was pretty good. The motel is right on the road and it is loud. These things don't usually bother me, but when the traffic starts rolling by -- around 5 am -- it is pretty hard to sleep. The price is pretty reasonable, for an upscale destination.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank onekbear
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for three nights. As others have mentioned, this lodging is probably the least expensive in the St Helena. We arrived at the beginning of the high season (sign said rates went up April 15 th), and the rooms were far less a bargain on Friday and Saturday nights than on week nights.

When I reserved the room in February, I requested a room away from the highway, but this did not happen. The rooms called "pool side" are just yards from State Route 29. We could hear heavy traffic until about 11:00pm each night and it resumed again by 5:30 am. We were pleasantly surprised to find it was quiet enough for sleeping between those hours.

Our queen bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. The maids were great at straightening up the room and refurbishing the supplies. We could have used a note telling us where to find the hair dryer, since it is not in the bathroom. The bathroom was tiny and needs some wall hooks. The shower was okay, but no fan. The bathroom mirror lighting was adequate.
The outdoor areas were pretty and well maintained. The staff we saw were working hard, though they were not very friendly or service oriented.
Next time we attend the Food Enthusiasts Classes at The Culinary Institute of America, we will try lodging at Calistoga. By the time you get through the traffic in St Helena on Rt 29, there is probably not much difference in the time it takes to reach the Greystone CIA campus.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leslie F
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 April 2014

That I was greeted by a by a hefty woman seated behind the counter eating her late lunch. She did not attempt to welcome me but another petite woman with a French accent came out and provided me with the necessary keys and information. The other woman continued to look at me with crumbs stuck on her lips with a certain disdain. Was I expected? welcomed? wanted? or was I interruprting their daily life?
It seems that this dream is reoccuring since the CIA decides to put me up at the same hotel every time that I am part of a symposium. I dremed that the breakfast was not very good [please dont call the crescents croissants, it is an insult to the French] and that the recpetion area is filled with employees that do not like their job. I attempted to get a cup of coffee the next morning but the buffet was late. The rooms have been remodelled with inexpensive pieces, in fact the desk knob came off as soon as I touched it.
The dream continues......

Room Tip: stay away from the highway and skip breakfast even though it is free