“An amazing stay with an amazing view.”

Wine Country Inn & Cottages
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in St. Helena
Reviewed 3 May 2012 via mobile

My husband and I always wanted to go to the Napa Valley together and we could not have choosen a more beautifully peaceful place. We did have a small problem when we got there and the AC in our room was broke. I was very upset because we had an amazing view from the terrace balcony of our room of the vineyards below and I did not want to move rooms. The staff was absolutely amazing though and understood why I did not want to move. Unfortunately they could not get the AC fixed and so upgraded us to one of their suites right off the vineyard! It was amazing and we had the most romantic time ever. We also decided to take the wine tour and loved the small vineyards we went too, in fact we joined Lava Vines wine club because their wines are spectacular. The staff and other quests we met at The Wine Country Inn were wonderful and we hope to get back there one day because I will not stay any where else in Napa Valley!

• Stayed: June 2011

Reviewed 29 April 2012

We arrived exhausted after a long trip from RI and were so happy to be greeted by friendly staff and yummy wine and hors d'oeuvres. Our room was very spacious and clean. We especially enjoyed the view of the vineyards from our balcony. The only major drawback is that the walls are very thin and we were very aware of what was going on in the adjacent rooms and felt self conscious in our own as we were sure they could hear us, too.

Breakfasts at this B & B were delicious, healthy feasts that changed each morning. We loved the evening wine and hors d'oeuvres and often were satisfied on that alone and were able to skip dinner. The location is perfectly situated in the middle of Napa Valley and affords you convenient access to many local attractions and restaurants. The inn staff were very helpful with planning and recommendations.

The pool and hot tub were nice touches. My husband and I enjoyed walking on the well maintained grounds. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 12 has a great vineyard view and is reasonably priced
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank carolgb328
Reviewed 14 April 2012

So many great places to eat, drink, and see in the valley from Napa to Calistoga but the one place that made the whole trip so special was the Wine Country Inn. The minute you step into the lobby you feel as if your visiting family, Check in was a breeze and the staff has great local knowledge and was very helpful with our dinner and wine tour reservations. The inn has a terrific selection of home cooked food for breakfast and hors d'oeuvres with wine tasting in the evening that cant be beat. The room was amazing with vineyard views, a super comfortable bed, and the bathroom was huge with the best shower ever! The grounds are perfectly maintained with a great pool and spa area. they also have a complimentery shuttle to the surrounding restaurants and wineries, which was greatly appreciated. We cant wait for a return stay in this hidden treasure.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hairballSanFrancisco
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My Husband and I have stayed at the Wine country Inn several times!!! We love the atmosphere, the Cleanliness, the Staff, and the Breakfasts. We have stayed in 5 different rooms and have enjoyed them all. I absolutely LOVE the granola that is fresh made. I don't think very many people know about this place. It is a great secret. We feel so well taken care of when we go there. We Love the beds!!!

Room Tip: We have stayed several times at the Wine Country Inn; We love the atmosphere, the cleanliness, the...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bsfhorse
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We have stayed there quite a few times, always a wonderful experience beginning when you drive up the driveway, walk into the office, see your room or cottage for the first time, you feel special!! The happy hour and food that is served is superior and makes you feel right at home. The views are gorgeous, the beds top of the line and sooo comfy, the showers/bathrooms in the cottages are awesome!! Very romantic from the first minute. HIGHLY RECOMMEND The Wine Country Inn!

Room Tip: Any of the cottages make you feel like you have left the country!! Royalty is how I feel when I am...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Just finished a great stay at Wine Country Inn. I can not say enough good things about the service, staff and accomodations there. As soon as my wife and I arrived, we were shown to our room, then treated to a wonderful wine service hour. The Inn has a shuttle service to local restaurants and wine tours, which we took full advantage of. The pool and spa was sublime. We can not wait to get back to St. Helena and Wine Country Inn.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I stayed at the Wine Country Inn for business and stayed a little longer for pleasure as well. This inn could not have made my stay any better! The staff are so helpful and friendly! As others have mentioned in their reviews, I was also upgraded for free upon arrival of my stay. I stayed in 3 different rooms during my 5 nights. I was told that they could upgrade me for the first couple of nights but then I would need to move to my originally booked room-the upgrade was for my in-room massage and I was very excited for the upgrade. After the first couple of nights, I stayed in my original room and then was upgraded again, at my request. I made it known that I had packed light and would love to experience other rooms, so I didn't mind moving around and they happily accommodated. As a bonus for changing rooms, I just gathered my things like toiletries and clothes into a few piles and they moved everything for me!

The first room, #26 was amazing! It had a fireplace, patio/balcony overlooking the vineyards (which are not anything more than tree trunks in March, but it was still lovely). My favorite thing about this room was that I had my own personal hot tub tucked away on my patio!! This was so nice to come home and relax in while looking up at the stars and over vineyards, just fantastic! This room also had a nice sized bathtub and vanity area, a love seat and reading chair area. Quite a comfortable room that made you not want to leave.
My second room was #16, which is their most inexpensive room. There was no fireplace or balcony in this room and really no view either, but the room was clean and comfortable. I would only suggest a decor upgrade on this room.
My last room, #11, was very nice indeed. This had a fireplace, window bench and small balcony with a great view. This room also had a nice big dressing area as well. Very comfortable and I would definitely stay in it again.
As for the property, it was beautiful! Gardens and nice walkways, benches, tables for socializing and a great pool and hot tub adorn the grounds. It was quite chilly on my trip, at least for California, and was around 50 degrees or so at night. I went to the hot tub to warm up and found that the pool was heated as well so went for a swim. The pool hours last until 11pm, which I found to be nice, since most close at 10. The robes in your room are fantastic for visiting the pool or for after shower-I loved them so much that I purchased one while I was there!
There is also a free (tips encouraged) dinner shuttle available. This is a great service so that you can enjoy the wonderful wines of Napa Valley while out to dinner.
The morning breakfasts are wonderful! They have a chef on staff to prepare wonderful dishes and he does a fantastic job! A delicious egg dish, make your own waffles, scones, deli meat and cheese, granola and cereal, and the amazing fresh fruit are all included in breakfast. The afternoon social has wonderful snacks-you must try the onion and garlic dip! The afternoon social also has a different winery come out each day for a wine tasting. The place is wonderful for meeting people, which was nice since I was traveling solo for a conference. I wish my husband could have joined me, as it is a place full of romance! I intend to visit Napa Valley again, and would love to stay at the Wine Country Inn!

Room Tip: #26, #11 all rooms can be viewed on the inn's website, each room is different
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
#4 of 30 in Napa
Auberge du Soleil
Auberge du Soleil
#1 of 2 in Rutherford

Been to Wine Country Inn & Cottages? Share your experiences!