“Hospitality, quiet comfort and incredible expansive views”

Wine Country Inn & Cottages
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in St. Helena
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My five days at this very comfortable Inn left nothing to be desired. From the welcome to departure everything was done to ensure my stay was the best it could be. A designer bedroom complete with balcony, window seat, 4 poster bed with a great matress and fireplace that was set everyday ensured I would be happy just walking into this room! The breakfasts provided by Ryan and served buffet style even included recipes for the main dish. The 7:30 to 10:30 am time for breakfast is so very civilized! The heated pool and hot tub was a bonus in November. Happy hours were a great way to meet others enjoying this delightful Inn.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Wine Country Inn & Cottages

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

I must admit I really didn't want to spend this much on lodging in Napa Valley, but once I got there, I decided that we made the right choice and it was worth it. The views are spectacular from the rooms and common areas. The inn is surrounded by vineyards. We didn't use the pool or Jacuzzi but it was also beautiful. We did get a picnic at Dean & Deluca and eat it on the patio. Perfection.
The breakfast was delicious with a different egg casserole each day with its recipe right beside it. A nice assortment of fresh fruit and homemade waffles and other goodies were also offered. In the afternoon they serve a variety of homemade appetizers and wine as well.
We appreciated the shuttle service that they offer to the local tests. They also had discounts to certain wineries in the area. We were happy that we could walk to a couple of them too as we weren't able to secure a driver in advance and wanted to stay out of the car.
We stayed in room 18. The only thing I would have wanted different would have been a king bed but I thought the room was lovely and I didn't really even mind the queen. I really liked that the floors were hardwood in my room (they aren't all) but I did hear the people above me at times. I believe every room has a balcony which we really enjoyed in the morning with our coffee.
Everyone at the inn was extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013
LoveToTravelFar, Owner at Wine Country Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thanks so much for your review and especially for bringing up all the cool stuff we include in the rate. I know from afar that it is not always easy to evaluate the "value" of one hotel over another (or anything else for that matter), but I truly believe that my Inn is a great value (at least for the Napa Valley). My philosophy has always been to give guests more and they will do my marketing for me by telling their friends. So instead of spending bunches of money on marketing I spend the same money improving the guest experience and it all seems to work out. Glad you enjoyed yourselves and we hope to see you again soon. Oh, and tell your friends!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We spent three nights at the Wine Country Inn, and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit. The rooms were very nice but dated, and we were told they plan to renovate them during the winter. The management's instincts are perfect! The breakfast and afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres were tasty, and the shuttle to restaurants in St. Helena was a real benefit! The location of the inn is great, with beautiful views from the rooms. We will be back!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Absolutely loved the room and the surroundings. Great shuttle service for visiting restaurants in the evenings. Breakfast was a bit lacking but I'd happily recommend anyone to stay at this inn. Perfectly situated in the midst of an area with an abundance of wineyards. Close to restaurants and shopping.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary with a trip to Wine Country Inn and it was tremendous! It was recommended by a colleague who was very familiar with the area--and it worked out great! The St. Helena area is wonderful in a variety of ways with plenty of good wine and food--we stuck to the general area for three full days--Ryan the chef at WCI who was born and raised in Napa gave us some fine recommendations for wineries to visit--the breakfast and wine tastings with hor'dourves were delightful! They offer a complementary shuttle service into St. Helena for dinner and that was terrific! Thanks Janelle!

All in all a great place to be! Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My wife and I just got back from the Wine County Inn, and we only have good things to say. To start, they have a fantastic breakfast to choose from, we ate different things each day and they were all good. The staff is all very friendly and helped to point us in the right direction whenever we had questions. We had a room with a fireplace, which was very nice to relax by in the morning and evenings. A nice touch was that our welcome packet included free passes for tastings at some vineyards in the area, this helped save a lot of cash.
We loved the afternoon tastings and appetizers. They featured a different winery each night, and they had great snacks to enjoy.
Perhaps the best part of the whole Wine Country Inn experience was Janelle, and the complimentary shuttle to dinner. She will drive you to dinner in a nice shuttle, and give you a complete restaurant review of the place you are going, including what to order for appetizer, entree, and dessert.. LISTEN to her, we did and everything she reccommended was amazing!! After dinner, you can give her a call and she will pick you up.
We also got massages the last day we were there, and they were amazing.

Room Tip: Choose one with a fireplace.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
LoveToTravelFar, Owner at Wine Country Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Isn't Janelle great! We love her around here. She loves her job and it really shows.I even take her restaurant recommendations because she is boss when it comes to keeping up on the best new dishes at all the best restaurants. I am also thrilled that you mentioned our spa services. I think we have some of the best massage staff anywhere. It is a lot of work, but I have to quality check every masseuse regularly. I don't really get much other work done on those days, but I am a very "hands on" kinda guy and there is just no other way to be sure my guests are properly pampered. It goes right along with sampling every wine we serve and faithfully tasting whatever Chef Ryan concocts. Oh well, someone has to do it.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We had a spectacular room with fireplace and a big (!) bathroom. Wow. The service and concierge are very good. We loved also the free shuttle for diner places. The heated pool and hot tub are a nice plus, too. Having breakfast on the sunny terrace in November was nice, too. Net, we wholeheartedly endorse this lovely inn!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
#4 of 6 in Yountville
SENZA Hotel
SENZA Hotel
#3 of 30 in Napa

Been to Wine Country Inn & Cottages? Share your experiences!