“Serenity”

Wine Country Inn & Cottages
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in St. Helena
Reviewed 7 January 2014

No better way to ring in the new year! We arrived, disconnected from the rest of the world, relaxed, retreated, and recharged. Great staff, best rooms, daily social with local wines - met some cool guests passing through.....awesome full breakfast every morning...... shuttle to and from local restaurants, fire-place and 2 person Jacuzzi tub....NO TV......could NOT have had a better time. We will be back....

Room Tip: You can spend a lot of money on one of the cottages or suites and never come out...or go for a more...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ACinSoCal
LoveToTravelFar, Owner at Wine Country Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

We are so glad you appreciated what we have been offering for the last 38 years. Serenity! Sometimes guests get confused by the fact that we don't have TVs in the rooms. And its true, if I am traveling on business I would probably miss the TV too, but not when I'm with my wife on vacation. The Napa Valley is really a different place and it sounds like you get that. With our decor, and the amenities we offer our whole concept is one of reconnecting and savoring the finest things in life: amazing food everywhere you turn, some of the world's best wine being grown right under your balcony, gorgeous shopping in the charming village of St. Helena and of course the relationship you share with your partner. Who has time for TV? We kinda think the TV might be an unwanted distraction that some might turn to out of habit. We think that with a moment of contemplation most might find somewhere else to turn.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Wine Country Inn. I choose it for its proximity to Calistoga where I had a business diner. When I arrived friendly and cheerful staff greeted me. After I was given my key, one of the staff showed me briefly around the property and to my cottage. I stayed in #28 Overlook Cottage.
The cottage came complete with a kitchen, reading nook, living room with pre-made fire in fireplace, outdoor patio, huge comfy bed, and an amazing bathroom complete with whirl-pool tub, rainfall shower, two sinks and spa toiletries. Everything you could need was provided, from plush robes and towels for the pool, to a Bose sound system, winery coupons and homemade granola. There is also a spa menu if you want to order in room treatments. The breakfast was generous and I found everything from fresh juices and fruits to frittata, pastries, various baked goods, cereals, coffee, and tea....
If you and your partner are looking for a romantic get-a-way, this is the place. It's the only B&B that is set in a vineyard and provides spectacular views of the nearby mountain range. It's a peaceful, quite and country locale.
For the modest price, you really get so much: free shuttle service, a wine and cheese reception in the evening, a pool and Jacuzzi, a peaceful location, vineyard views, friendly and competent staff, beautiful gardens, a gourmet breakfast and a really restful night's sleep. Also good for a girls getaway weekend

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Silent R
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I purchased a group on for my husband and I to get away. What a pleasant surprise! Large well maintained rooms rooms. Loved the private hot tub that our room had. This place feels like a very large bed and breakfast with each detail taken care of. Rooms vary in size and offerings and they even have cabins. Staff, all of them extra friendly and eager to help. I have been places in Napa and felt rushed, but we stayed longer at breakfast (which was great) and were asked if we needed anything else. Perfect location just outside downtown Saint Helena and only 7 miles to Calistoga. We extended our stay as we did not want to leave! You can really tell that this family run business is the heart and soul of the owners and employees We will be back, and THANK YOU FOR JUST WHAT WE NEEDED!

Room Tip: Each room is described in detail on the website or the staff is happy to help depending on your want...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Francee C

Now, these folks are what make this business so much fun. I don't think I had the opportunity to meet you, but your enthusiasm for what we offer and how we offer it is what makes it so easy to get out of bed every morning. If we really gave you "just what you needed", that is our goal. Casual comfort is our mantra ... and treating people the way I like to be treated when I am on vacation. That means let me chill if I want to chill, but if there is something wrong, well then that is the time I want to see some action. I am hoping we do both of those things exceptionally well. Please come back and stay with us, but don't wait for another Groupon, it is not likely to happen.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Writing from our balcony overlooking gorgeous acres of vineyards, rolling hills, and pastoral scenery and Keeping warm on a chilly morning with the "pot belly stove" in the sitting area of our spacious King room with a view. This is our second visit and we look forward to returning at any time of the year. Now over the holiday season nearby St. Helena is decorated for the season and our meal at Bouchon down the road in Yountville was especially festive with the town decked out as well. Summer and fall are glorious, but you can count on a lovely and peaceful stay year 'round at The Wine Country Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony view; room 24 looks out over the vineyard from on high.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Maureen G

Thank you for coming to stay with us again. I hate to admit my favorites, but Room #24 is certainly one of my favorites also. Most of the view from that room is of my mother's vineyard that my brother makes a rather famous wine from. It is called the hourglass vineyard because, if you look of a map of Napa Valley it looks like an hourglass, with Lodi Lane (the street our inn is on) is the choke point of the hourglass. We feel this is important because our view is not only of the vineyards, but also of the nearby hills that are so green year around. Anyway, thanks for your return visit and I hope we can have you back soon.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Room was wonderful, the view of the vineyard was beautiful. Breakfast was absolutely delicious every morning! The staff was extremely helpful. The wine tour was one of the highlights. We went to several off the beaten path vineyards that were wonderful. Cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2013

With a group of friends, I spent a week at the Wine Country Inn in November attending the Napa Valley Film festival. It's location, surrounded by vineyards is lovely ....and it is only a 5 minute drive to the charming village of St Helena. The rooms are comfortable, the breakfast is excellent and the staff are helpful and hospitable. We also loved the free shuttle (and the charming lady who drove and gave us great restaurant reviews enroute!) which took us to restaurants for dinner and then brought us back so that we could enjoy the Napa wines!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for staying with us for the Napa Valley Film Festival, wasn't that a great event! My wife and I went to a number of the films and events and we had a blast also. I'm so glad you were able to take advantage of our evening restaurant shuttle. Janelle, our primary driver is so passionate about her job we think she really adds an element of unexpected pleasure. I'm glad you appreciated it. Now remember, we're not just open for the Film Festival, you can come back any time!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

The Wine Country Inn tops our list of great vacation places, we have been there twice and are looking forward to another visit. The staff is wonderful, very friendly and accommodating. Our room had the most amazing view of the vineyards and our bed could not have been more comfortable. The breakfasts are excellent, both hot and cold dishes, fresh fruit and great coffee, and the afternoon wine tasting is also a great perk! St. Helena is a beautiful little town with great restaurants and the overall experience was one we hope to repeat again and again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
#4 of 30 in Napa
SENZA Hotel
SENZA Hotel
#3 of 30 in Napa

Been to Wine Country Inn & Cottages? Share your experiences!