My husband and I stayed here as part of our honeymoon and it was great! We stayed in the Winery Retreat, this big, pretty room set apart from the main house with a fire place. It's right off the main road in St Helena so getting anywhere is quite easy and the grounds are really pretty. There are fruit trees and wineries all over.
We also got the chance, upon arriving, to meet John, one of the Innkeepers, while he was making wine so we got to ask a ton of questions and see wine being made firsthand. He showed us how he does it and also showed us around his wine area, showing us the bottles from last year that were almost ready. Very interesting!
In the afternoon, we met Lisa, John's wife and the other Innkeeper, on the patio for wine. She was wonderful. Very friendly, welcoming, and full of information about the Napa Valley area. We had John's wine, a delicious Zinfindel, and spoke with another guest. It was a beautiful day so the whole experience was really nice. Lisa told us of a place to go for dinner, Market, which was exceptional.
We only had breakfast there one morning because we opted to go Hot Air Ballooning the first morning, but Lisa's breakfast was pretty impressive! Home cooked, delicious, and served around the dining room table, it was a really great way to start a wine-filled day.
Our only drawback was that our room was the bottom of a two story little building and there was a room above us. The first night, there was a couple in the room so we barely heard them but the next evening, there was a family with children and from 6AM until breakfast, we could hear the children running back and forth in the room which kept us up. The floors are pretty thin, which might be OK normally but when trying to sleep off a lot of wine, it makes it difficult!
But overall, we really loved this Inn and would recommend it anyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We invite you to experience the warmth and romance of Shady Oaks Country Inn secluded on two acres nestled among some of the finest Wineries and restaurants in Napa Valley. Relax and enjoy the elegant ambiance, the wine country tranquility and our cozy amenities during your stay. Shady oaks Country Inn offers the hospitality of a bed and breakfast along with first class amenities like romantic fireplaces, flat screen satellite television free Wifi and a full champagne breakfast. Our goal at Shady oaks Country Inn is to offer you the finest combination of luxury, hospitality and history. To enhance your stay, we serve full champagne breakfasts and premium Napa wines and cheeses each evening on the Roman pillared patio. Awaken to the Inn's own blend of coffee and our breakfast complete with Eggs Benedict, Belgian waffles, fresh fruit, our home baked breads, fresh baked croissants, fresh juice and champagne. After spending your day exploring the beautiful Napa Valley vineyards, we invite you to browse through our collection of restaurant menus that include fine dining and casual restaurants. We are more than happy to make recommendations and reservations for you! Book a stay with us at Shady Oaks Country Inn, and experience the perfect blend of luxury and comfort in Napa Valley! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Shady Oaks Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shady Oaks Country Hotel St. Helena
- Country Inn St. Helena
- St. Helena Country Inn
- Shady Oaks Country Inn St. Helena, Napa Valley, California