“They canceled my reservations and left me hanging”
Review of Inn St Helena

Inn St Helena
Ranked #2 of 13 St. Helena B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“They canceled my reservations and left me hanging”
Reviewed 23 July 2003

I made a reservation on the internet for a stay at this hotel in August. I made the reservation in July. After They had charged my credit card for the full price ( I still do not have my money back ) The owner call about ten days later and informed me that they would not honor the reservation. I am left without a room now and no money. I would never stay ( or try and stay ) at this hotel as long as I live.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, Owner at Inn St Helena, responded to this review, 23 September 2003
This reviewer is mistaken about his reservation. His reservation was made online through Travelocity. While he was making his reservation we received a phone call requesting the same room on the same night. When we received his email for the reservation we called him immediately to let him know what had happened. We offered to do our best to find a nice room for him but he refused our help. His money was refunded in full the same day. It is simply amazing to me how some people are so intolerant to unexpected problems that occure. John Runnells Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 April 2003

We recently stayed in the Ambrose Bierce Suite. I drove past it the first time, looking for something a little more grand or isolated. It looks just like most other houses on the street. The bedroom is exactly like the picture. What it doesn't show is that the room is no larger than the picture. That by itself is not a problem due to the private sitting room on the other side of the bathroom. However, the offer to "Draw your bath in an.oh so private six foot Jacuzzi tub for two..." was impossible for us. I tried on two separate occasions to fill the tub with hot water. There wasn't enough hot water available. By the way, there is no shampoo or conditioner provided. They claim to serve the "best full gourmet champagne breakfast in the Napa Valley", "complete with Eggs Benedict, Belgian Waffles, or stuffed French toast; fresh fruits; our home-baked breads and croissants; a selection of premium teas, coffee, fresh juice and champagne..." It is a one-time sitting at 9:00. There is no choice of what you eat, only whether or not you eat. We had strawberries and bananas with a cream sauce, one small mimosa, a very good croissant, and eggs benedict. I don't know if the eggs benedict was any good, because I don't like it. The thermostat is located in the common parlor. This provides no independent control over the temperature in your room. You can open the windows for air, but you get the noise from Hwy. 29 (Main St.). I felt like we were staying with relatives in a spare bedroom. For $310 (incl. tax), I expected more.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, owner at Inn St Helena, responded to this review, 17 August 2004
I am truly sorry this guest was not happy at our B & B. WE do our best to make sure that we do not misslead any of our guests. We never claimed to be a grand house or isolated. We are on Main St. in downtown St. Helena. We also never informed this guest that his room was extra large. It is very comfortable size with a queen canopy bed. The sitting area is on the other side of the bath and is very comfortable with a couch, fireplace and T.V. I do apologize to this guests for the hot water problem. We have two water heaters and one was out for a couple of days on the weekend. Our breakfast is a one seating breakfast because we do serve a full sit down breakfast not a buffet. You can have all the champagne you want and I'm sorry the guests did not like Eggs Benedict. However if they would have asked we would have been to happy to prepare something else for them.
I believe this guest was looking for something that we are not and do not claim to be. We are a beautifull B & B in the heart of the Napa Valley.
Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Helena
#2 of 6 in Yountville
Auberge du Soleil
Auberge du Soleil
#1 of 2 in Rutherford

Been to Inn St Helena? Share your experiences!