Inn St Helena
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Wydown Hotel(St. Helena)
View Hotel
Eagle & Rose Hotel(St. Helena)
View Hotel
Hotel St. Helena(St. Helena)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
El Bonita Motel(St. Helena)
View Hotel
Meadowood Napa Valley(St. Helena)
Harvest Inn(St. Helena)
Auberge du Soleil(Rutherford)
View Hotel
All reviewsambrose bierceb bperfect locationporch swingnapa valleycottage houseafternoon happy hourwealth of informationcute shopssitting roomjacuzzi tubwine countryhome away from homewine and cheesequaint towneach morningbeds were comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 November 2009

I loved our stay here. The people were very helpful and very willing to help us out with the area. The breakfast was excellent and the bedroom was very elegant. We will be going back here the next time.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChristianLynn
Reviewed 8 November 2009

We recently stayed at the Ambrose Bierce House in St Helena. We came up for a wedding, and decided to stay the entire weekend to enjoy the town and breathtaking scenery. This is my second visit to this BEAUTIFUL town, and love it more and more every time I visit. The hospitality of the inn keepers, Carlos and Jenna, is PHENOMENAL. They are extremely knowledgeable, and have great tips for the surrounding wineries and restaurants. Everything is within walking distance, or a very short drive away. We have only had the priviledge of staying at the Ambrose Bierce House, but look forward to staying at the sister property of Shady Oaks Country Inn. We were able to take a mini tour and just loved it! Did I mention that they serve breakfast? YUMMY!! I think my mouth is still watering from the honeyed grapefruit and the homemade waffles! I felt like I was at home with a personal chef! I have recommended these prpoerties to all of our friends and family, and hope that they have a chance to experience and enjoy this place as much as we have. It is an amazingly romantic home that makes you feel like to never want to leave! They have really defined the true meaning of "rest and relaxation". =) I look forward to going back soon!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shannan71
Reviewed 24 June 2009

The wife and I booked this B&B for a short-notice one-nighter to the Napa Valley. We stayed in the Ambrose Bierce Suite which consists of a good-sized sitting room, good-sized bathroom and a small bedroom. The place met my first two requirements of very clean and quiet. This was only our third stay at a B&B but the bed was noticeably less soft than the previous two. That is really the only negative thing I can say. On the other hand, the breakfast at Ambrose Bierce beats the other two hands down! We started with fresh berries and bananas topped with a special creme fraiche then onto the best Belgian waffles I've ever had topped with a warm peach compote. These were served with a chicken and apple sausage, which was cooked perfectly. The whole meal was delicious. Ambrose Bierce House is in the center of St. Helena, which for anyone not familiar, is in the center of the Napa Valley. It is a great location with great food and I would not hesitate in recommending this place.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2009

Tiny room! No refrigerator, no coffee maker in the room.
No fan in the bath room. Room with thin walls.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Victor16
Reviewed 1 March 2009

My husband and I just returned from St. Helena and our stay at the Ambrose Bierce House. This was our second visit and it was just as nice as our first. We stayed in the Ambrose Bierce suite which was lovely. Two large rooms with a large bath in between. Lots of storage in the bathroom. Our bedroom was a perfect size. Carlos, the Innkeeper was a wondeul host. Our breakfast was delicious and he gave us a wonderful dinner idea ("Market"). We sat on the upstairs front porch and enjoyed the view. Carlos provided wine in the afternoon from a small local winery. If you're looking for a great B&B, stay here. It's only a short walk to all the downtown resturants and shopping!!!!