“Full circle tour great!!”

Long Meadow Ranch Winery
Ranked #21 of 117 things to do in St. Helena
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At Long Meadow Ranch Winery we produce and purvey our wines from two locations in the Napa Valley: our 650-acre home ranch, which we call the Mayacamas Estate, and our 90-acre Rutherford Estate in the heart of the Rutherford AVA, which includes vineyards and production vegetable gardens. Our 650-acre historic Mayacamas Estate is nestled high atop the Mayacamas Mountains above the Napa Valley. Here we produce award-winning red wines and handcrafted extra virgin olive oils - as well as grass-fed beef, eggs, and heirloom fruits and vegetables. Our family - Ted, Laddie, and Christopher Hall - has re-established 16 acres of vineyards first planted on the Mayacamas Estate in the 1870s and we have resumed producing estate-bottled red wine from this distinctive mountain "terroir." In plain sight from the Mayacamas Estate high above, the 90-acre Rutherford Estate is located on the floor of the Napa Valley in the heart of the world famous Rutherford AVA. It is situated among some of Rutherford's most celebrated historic vineyards. We grow extraordinary Sauvingon Blanc, Merlot, and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes in 74 acres of vineyard.
Chicago, Illinois
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Full circle tour great!!”
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

We went on the farm to winery to lunch tour with the very knowledgeable chef Tim. Explored the farm where they grow their food and hold a farmers market in the summer. Picked figs for our dessert later that day and tasted arugula fresh from the field. Went up to the winery saw the bottling operation for the wine and their caves as well as how they bottle the olive oil they use. Beautiful property and "green" operation. The big Scottish highland bulls were interesting to see as well. The finale, a wine and food pairing for lunch. Fantastic way to spend the day in and around St Helena!

Limerick, Pennsylvania
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“very poor customer service”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Went to this winery for the basic tasting. Upon completion, I was advised that they only provide email receipts. Are you kidding me. When I requested a paper receipt, I was advised that that was not an option. Seriously. I was in the valley on business. I needed a paper receipt for business needs. I was given a complete run around about the email receipt. Needless to say, I was getting very frustrated, and requested to speak with a manager. Was advised that a manager was not available, but could leave a note and a contact.number. Are you really serious. This is the most ridiculous situation. I have encountered in my entire stay in the napa valley. I politely left and went to the nearby restaurant, requesting to speak with the manager. there. I was still fuming about the experience in the tasting room. I was advised that the manager was in a meeting. I really didn't care. It was important to get managerial intervention about the situation. I was advised that the manager was in a meeting. Really, do you expect me to not do anything about this situation. It is a customer service issue. I demanded to speak with the manager whether he was in a meeting or not. What took place in the tasting room was totally unacceptable. The manager came over to meet me within 5 minutes. He went over to the tasting room area with me, and finally produced a hard copy of the receipt for the tasting room fee. It is a good thing that I did this, as when I went to my email account, the receipt never materialized. This experience left a very bitter feeling about the place. Customer service must be more user friendly. To require an email receipt only is totally unacceptable, especially when you are visiting on business.

Boston, Massachusetts
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Farm to Table lunch event - Wonderful!”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Attended the F2T event which included a tour and history of the property, garden and restaurant. Then an olive oil tasting, and wine tasting paired with a meal.
Food was fabulous, all organic and grown or raised on site.
Tour host and chef were so friendly and talented, and gave us such personalized attention.
I would do it again!
Would be fun with a small group or family event.

Boston
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Great Lunch Spot”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

The LMR Hotlink was excellent it came with blue cheese coleslaw and pickle & onion relish. Probably the best hot dog on earth.
The 12 hour pulled pork with creamy potato salad was mouth watering.
Everything is farm to table and the beef is all local. Loved this place. Make sure to order the honey biscuits to start!
They also have happy hour tasting!

Visited July 2013
Fountain Hills, Arizona
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Fabulous Wine/Olive Oil/Honey”
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

This is a fun tasting room but that is only the beginning. If you have time, take the farm tour! We have visited 3 years in a row and took the farm tour on our second visit. We learned the history of their olive trees that date back to a land grant after the civil war, we met a butterscotch colored bull that is as big as my car, we were allowed to pet beautiful horses and enjoyed seeing a stop sign near the horse barn that says, "Whoa", which you will see printed on their corks. On one visit we met Mrs. Long in the tasting room and a more friendly, down to earth woman cannot be found in Napa Valley. We enjoy being wine club members, it is like getting a gift from yourself!

Visited June 2013