“Great Meal and Unique”

Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch
Reserve with OpenTable
Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 52 Restaurants in St. Helena
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Charter Oak
Description: Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch's restaurant showcases the seasonal, ingredient-driven American farmhouse cooking of executive chef Stephen Barber. LMR Grass-fed Beef CheeseburgerHoused in a former nursery barn, our 110-seat restaurant revolves around a central open kitchen with booth and central seating, community dining, and a full bar. We feature an authentic farm-to-table menu. The ingredients are foraged from local sources and feature Long Meadow Ranch's all natural grass-fed beef and lamb, organic and sustainably produced eggs, fruits, vegetables, extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, and honey. Possessing a substantial background in Southern cooking styles, Stephen emphasizes a wood-burning element for select dishes. Stephen's kitchen is also outfitted with a plancha, a cast-iron grill ideal for searing Long Meadow Ranch's healthy, tender, and flavorful grass-fed beef and lamb. Community tables at Farmstead restaurantFarmstead at Long Meadow Ranch's restaurant wine program features Long Meadow Ranch Winery's elegant and balanced wines, as well as other domestic and international wines selected by Chris Hall to complement the restaurant's American farmhouse cooking. LMR and Farmstead wines are also available to purchase to-go at the Logan-Ives House cellar door. There is no corkage fee at Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch. Instead, a $5-per-bottle fee is collected as a donation to a featured local community-building not-for-profit organization each month. We call this program Corkage for Community. Outdoor bar at Farmstead restaurantOutdoors in season, guests can enjoy a meal among the espalier apple trees, drinks at the bar, or relax with friends and family by the cozy wood-fired authentic forge. Monday through Friday from 4 PM to 6 PM we offer a Growers' Happy Hour with specially-priced cocktails, beer, and wine and a special bar menu. We also offer Weekly Traditions featuring special friendly, casual menus on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nghts and on Sunday for brunch. Live entertainment on Fridays. The regular menu is available everyday. Indoor and outdoor seating available. Walk-ins are welcome
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Love to know that the garden is right there and that everything was great and fresh

Write a ReviewReviews (1,979)

Reviewed 4 November 2011

This place rocks! Ambience is Napa rustic chic, barn-like 30 ft ceilings, modern accents, very warm and casual throughout. Service was great, simple and genuine, didn't sense any pretense at all. Ordered a Pinot Noir by the glass which I didn't like, and was immediately offered a substitution, an excellent local Cab Franc. the food was really superb though. Started with their cream of squash and bacon, which was very fresh and showed depth and intensity but remained velvety and subtle. I ordered their cheese burger, supposedly a specialty, my wife had the pork chop. Wow! All flavours were bursting with intensity, freshness, and depth. My burger was by far the best I've ever had.... It was superbly flavorful, with just the right balance of tang and sweetness provided by the meat, cheese, and sauce. Potatoes were also exceptional. My wife's pork chop was equally brilliant. We also had a side, their baked squash, which was unusual and divine, prepared with flash fried sage.

We skipped dessert, I had a local Gewertzeminer sweet dessert wine that was ice wine like in intensity and fruit, excellent. Highly, highly recommended, we're going back tonight and skipping another destination.... Try it.

Reviewed 2 November 2011

This is a moderate priced restaurant that you can eat one of the best hamburgers ever. Or, you can have a great steak.
The veggies are all fresh.
The wines are over the top.
A place to go with friends or family for a relaxing meal in a well designed, pretty restaurant.
It is a place I would return to.

Reviewed 2 November 2011

Had dinner with a friend on a Thursday night. Did not have to wait for a table. Had the cheeseburger, and a beer. Although the price for the cheeseburger was a little high, it was well worth every dime. I have never in all my life ever had a burger that good. I guess fresh food goes along way. The burger was not greasy at all. it was very tasty. A little disappointed they were out of apple crisp, but no worries that just meant we got gelato down the block. Service was excellent and beer selection was good as well. Also we sat outside in an outdoor patio which was nice.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

There were four of us and we all loved our meals. We were there for lunch and sat out on the patio. Very enjoyable atmosphere. I had the brick chicken, which I've only seen on a menu in London, England before. It was fantastic. My husband had the pulled pork and loved it. All the ingredients were fresh and well prepared. We could have done without the "potted pork" appetizer though, none us really like it.