“Great date place, service was spotty - but it didn't bother me that much”

Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch
Reserve with OpenTable
Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in St. Helena
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Charter Oak
Description: Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch's restaurant showcases the seasonal, ingredient-driven American farmhouse cooking of executive chef Stephen Barber. LMR Grass-fed Beef CheeseburgerHoused in a former nursery barn, our 110-seat restaurant revolves around a central open kitchen with booth and central seating, community dining, and a full bar. We feature an authentic farm-to-table menu. The ingredients are foraged from local sources and feature Long Meadow Ranch's all natural grass-fed beef and lamb, organic and sustainably produced eggs, fruits, vegetables, extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, and honey. Possessing a substantial background in Southern cooking styles, Stephen emphasizes a wood-burning element for select dishes. Stephen's kitchen is also outfitted with a plancha, a cast-iron grill ideal for searing Long Meadow Ranch's healthy, tender, and flavorful grass-fed beef and lamb. Community tables at Farmstead restaurantFarmstead at Long Meadow Ranch's restaurant wine program features Long Meadow Ranch Winery's elegant and balanced wines, as well as other domestic and international wines selected by Chris Hall to complement the restaurant's American farmhouse cooking. LMR and Farmstead wines are also available to purchase to-go at the Logan-Ives House cellar door. There is no corkage fee at Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch. Instead, a $5-per-bottle fee is collected as a donation to a featured local community-building not-for-profit organization each month. We call this program Corkage for Community. Outdoor bar at Farmstead restaurantOutdoors in season, guests can enjoy a meal among the espalier apple trees, drinks at the bar, or relax with friends and family by the cozy wood-fired authentic forge. Monday through Friday from 4 PM to 6 PM we offer a Growers' Happy Hour with specially-priced cocktails, beer, and wine and a special bar menu. We also offer Weekly Traditions featuring special friendly, casual menus on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nghts and on Sunday for brunch. Live entertainment on Fridays. The regular menu is available everyday. Indoor and outdoor seating available. Walk-ins are welcome
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Went here last night for a birthday dinner with my honey. We arrived an hour early on accident (my time was so off from traveling), but we were seated immediately. We got a cozy table on the side, over looking the whole place. In the initial reso I made online, I indicated a birthday was being celebrated. Our server dropped off the menu & offered cocktails. No water was offered until I asked later in the meal. We ordered the potted pig, the beef carpaccio, the special grass fed beef short ribs & the mushroom risotto. The sides of brussell sprouts & cheddar biscuits were also ordered.
We tried the molto bono cocktail & the glennfidich cocktails also. Our food was delivered in groups of 2 so we didn't have too much on the table at one time. When the second round came, we needed new share plates & silverware. I actually had to ask the chef who delivered the food for forks. I know the server was busy beyond her means. As a former server in Napa Valley, I know what you have to do in order to take control of your section, she clearly did not. I want to stress that she was very nice & was trying though. Another server ended up bringing us our other drinks that we ordered. The manager was very nice & brought us a little scoop of vanilla ice cream when we declined dessert. The value for the food we got was amazing. I can't wait to try it again. Very fresh & well prepared food. Yum!

Reviewed 12 December 2011

Awesome restaurant in napa valley. The decor is very cute and staff is friendly. The food was excellent. The meatballs are cooked medium so wasn't to my liking but everything else was good. Don't forget to get pie for dessert!!!!

Reviewed 12 December 2011

From entrance to exit this was a great experience! The invite was for my spouse and me; we both enjoyed it. The company hosting it made a great selection in choosing this place. Can't wait to get back to the area to experience it again.

Reviewed 20 November 2011

I have been to Farmstead many times and have never been disappointed. They continually change their menu to maintain seasonably fresh fruits and vegetables. Tneir beef is grass fed. Don't miss the meatbals with carmelized onions.
Full bar and good selection of wine by the glass.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

Were a little disappointed, the waiter bragged about the beef however the steak came overdone and tough. The vegetables were fresh and tasty however, we were not that impressed with the choices of entrees.