“Great Tasting”

Merryvale Vineyards
Ranked #39 of 121 things to do in St. Helena
More attraction details
Owner description: Merryvale's inviting tasting cellar is located in the heart of Napa Valley in the quaint town of St. Helena. We offer wine tasting flights until 5pm, with our retail room open until 5:30pm everyday. We offer a variety of tasting options to suit every palate including our legendary Profile Library tasting and wine and cheese pairings. Our wines are produced from sustainably farmed Napa Valley vineyards, including three estate properties. Guest favorites include our Bordeaux blend known as Profile, our St. Helena Estate Cabernet, and our Napa Valley Cabernet Franc.
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We were there during harvest at the end of September -- loved Merryvale! We booked a wine/cheese tasting that was supposed to be a group affair but ended being just Mom, me, and the hostess. We got to see the fermentation tanks, met the assistant winemaker, toured the barrel rooms, and then had our tasting in the huge cask room. Loved the cheese pairings and the 2009 Profile was outstanding. Overall, a great experience. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I'm not sure we would have gotten such a detailed tour had there been a full tasting group. Our experience was superb, but I'm uncertain that this happens every time.

All reviews
"crispy"
"barrel"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 19 October 2013

This lovely winery off the main drag in St. Helena is one of the finest in the valley with EVERY wine being pretty much OUTSTANDING. Lauren was the server and she was knowledable, friendly. Every tasting was excellent, and that's MOST UNUSUAL for most wineries. I've bought there wine off and on for years because? Well, they are CONSISTENTLY good wines...The winery is small yet charming and right near my favorite spot to eat, the Rutherford Grill, so it's a real win-win location for me. "Hands down" one of the BEST wineries in the Napa valley...

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stopped there to try the wines- it is next door to Tra Vigne where we ate the night before. It is on Hwy 29 in the middle of Napa Valley. The wines were good, not great. A friend told me that I should have tried the high end reserve wines.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Saw Lauren at the tasting, not crowded at all..she made the experience very pleasant. Be sure to ask for her.
The wines are pricy but excellent, one of the best wines on the trip so far... There is a barrel room that is adjacent to the tasting room that is WAY COOL, a massive photo opp..
Bottom line you MUST go if in Napa, but ask for Lauren, one of the nicest folks we've met so far... Yes, it does make a difference.