“Excellent Experience!”

Bremer Family Vineyard
Ranked #37 of 121 things to do in St. Helena
Reviewed 16 January 2013 via mobile

I have had the pleasure of visiting Bremer 5 or 6 times over the years. They have always offered a great experience. Recently though, they added caves and renovated the cottages! The changes are awesome!

The wine is and has always been phenomenal! If you are a Chardonnay lover, Bremer is a MUST!

Tom is a great guide!

"wineries"
in 7 reviews
"discussion"

Reviewed 3 June 2012

I've been to Bremer twice now, so I'll talk about both visits. I first learned of Bremer from an acquaintance in California who's weekend hobby is visiting wineries. I had only one day in Napa Valley and he recommended Bremer as being a good one to visit. It's a small family owned winery, very under the radar. As far as I know they have no distribution and sell only directly. Appointments are needed.

On my first visit about four years ago, there were only five of us there. It was very comfortable and personal, just sitting around a table casually tasting and talking about the different wines. Richard walked us through a line-up of nine different wines, including a comparison tasting of their basic Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Zinfandel, as well as the Howell Mountain bottlings for each varietal. It was a great way to see the differences between the two grape selections. While we were given an order form, there was no pressure to buy. The wine was so good I ordered a mixed case, however.

My second visit coincided with their release day for their Claret, so they were busier. They've done some renovations and expansions to be able to accommodate more guests, and it looks really nice. Richard was busier this time, hosting multiple groups. They were doing dome food pairings with their Claret for the release, but we opted for the regular tasting. Despite being busy, Richard still took the time to walk us through the five wines on the current tasting line-up as we sat at one of their outdoor picnic areas and ate sandwiches we brought with us.

Next time I would try to schedule my visit on a non event day, but I'll definitely visit again next time I'm there.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

Some friends and I were staying in St. helena for a wedding and decided we'd like to take one day to do wine tastings. Bremer (little known) was recommended by a friend who inherited a vineyard in Sonoma from his father as a great experience. We spent the mornign doing a few run of the mill tastings on the main drag and headed to Bremer for a Noon Appointment. Notably, i called them that morning and they graciously accepted our party of 10. I would recommend calling a bit more ahead as once these guys get known on Trip Advisor, I doubt same day will be possible. They explained to me over the phone that the tasting would involve a sit down discussion with a team member and they'd be serving freshly made pizzas. I had to ask what it costs because it sounded expensive and had to check with my friends if that was OK. There was no fee (although i think there should have been). We were greeted in the driveway and given a brief tour of the property and then led across a small stream to a neat picnic table with ten places set. Were were then treated to a flight of wine (I believe 5 varieties) as well as about a dozen hand made flatbread pizzas of various tases. The wine was terrific, but the exerience was out of this world. not a big tasting room, but a picnic among friends. When we returned to our house that evening, my friends couldn't thank me enough for suggesting it and making the call ot them. I immediately called my friend to thank him as well. It was truly the highlight of our trip. the winery is located about 10 minutes off of the main strip and less than 5 minutes from the Silverado trail. I will try to dig up some photos to share and add on later, but their website gives a very accurate feel for the property.