“Wonderful Hotel in Heart of St Helena”
Review of Wydown Hotel

Wydown Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in St. Helena
newton,ma
“Wonderful Hotel in Heart of St Helena”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My daughter and I stayed here one night while visiting Napa. This hotel is fabulous!! Very comfortable,modern and great location. We walked to Market Restaurant ( across street) for delicious dinner and wine. There's plenty of boutique shops all in easy walking distance too.
Would definitely return again!

Room Tip: Probably best for back room vs street but town pretty quiet at night.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The Wydown is a fantastic place to stay if you like charm, cleanliness, and a friendly staff. It is a bit expensive, but much more affordable than most places in the area for a good hotel. My biggest complaint were the uncomfortable pillows, which I brought to their attention. They informed me that they have heard this before and are in the process of getting better pillows. My husband and I like quiet and I had requested the most quite room in the hotel. I was informed they would request a room facing the atrium, which is the most quiet. When we arrived we were told that we were upgraded to a room that is brighter, because of the windows facing the street. I was excited to hear "upgrade", so I had put "quiet room" out of my mind. I was told by the desk clerk that if we didn't like the room we could move to another, but I said we would give the room a try. It was noisy, because of the morning traffic. When I brought this up to them they were willing to change rooms for us. We decided we didn't want to move our stuff, so we stayed. Next time, I would definitely get a room facing the atrium. Because of the staff wanting to accommodate and the decor being so fantastic I would stay at the Wydown again.

Room Tip: If you want quiet choose a room off the main street.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This small (12 room) hotel near the Culinary Institute is a gem. Prior to my visit, I spoke to Carol several times. She helped by providing suggestions for transportation and restaurants. Her knowledge of the area was invaluable. Our room was spacious and very clean. Located on the Main Street, it's close to restaurants, shops and a grocery store.
If you are headed to the area for a class at the CIA, it's difficult to get transportation early morning
classes. The local taxi doesn't provide serve before 8.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
WydownHotel, Front Office Manager at Wydown Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Laurie G.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. We appreciate your kind words. Please come back and visit us again!

Carole Castell
Front Desk Manager
Duluth, Georgia
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We had a lovely stay at the Wydown Hotel. We booked our trip last minute but the Wydown had availability, I'm not sure why it's a lovely hotel. Josh was on duty at reception when we arrived on Saturday and he was very helpful with restaurant recommendations. The hotel is super clean with simple lines and an uncluttered, contemporary feel, the bed was comfortable and we slept very well. The bathroom was absolutely immaculate with a great shower and very nice L'Occitane amenities. The hotel is centrally located on Main Street, Saint Helena where, once your car is parked, you can walk to any of the super restaurants in town. There is one tiny criticism, the floors in the corridors are wood so you can hear people coming and going all night long, however we had one of the inside rooms so that was really the only noise that bothered us. We will definitely stay at and recommend The Wydown in future.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mandarina65
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed a night here while traveling through Napa. The location of the hotel is perfect. You can literally walk around to numerous restaurants and shops in the cute downtown area of St. Helena. We ate a nice dinner at Cindy's Backstreet Café which was about a 4 minute walk and turned out being a great place for a nice dinner. I loved everything about our stay...in fact we tried to stay an additional night but they were booked up. They do not offer breakfast but did provide us with coupons for free coffee at a nearby coffee shop. The staff was friendly and hotel was very clean. Loved our stay here!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room #6 and it was a great size room, had a comfy king sized bed, good size bathroom.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 December 2013

My husband has stayed at the Wydown several times, and this year I was lucky to join him for the conference. The rooms are lovely and very large: great linens and luxury amenities. We had a front room that faced the main street, and the sun set over the mountain was spectacular. Yes, there was some road noise, ask for a room behind the front for more quiet. There is always tea available in the lobby, and wine glasses in your room. It was very hard to leave the hotel!

The staff are very warm and welcoming. I needed some advice on what to do while my husband was in sessions, and they recommended a route over the mountains for a beautiful drive (Go in early-mid November -the vines sparkle magically gold).

Only one thing mars the beauty; the halls are wood floors and very noisy when people walk. They have put down runners, but these are a trip hazard, and make it very difficult to roll a suitcase over.
Despite that, we will always stay here, rather than at a resort because its so nice to be in this quaint town, and it is a good value.

Room Tip: Front rooms face the street and there is noise in the a.m. but the view is beautiful.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ProfandPres
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Relaxing high-end boutique hotel right on Main Street in St. Helena. Easy stroll to restaurants, bakeries, coffee shops and even to a few wine tasting rooms (the tasting room on the property was closed during our stay). Easy parking out back. Free WiFi is sketchy but St. Helena offers free WiFi so you will have an alternative. We will stay here again, for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room facing the street and you will enjoy the laid back bustle of downtown St. Hele...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 6 in Yountville
Vintage House
Vintage House
#6 of 6 in Yountville

Been to Wydown Hotel? Share your experiences!