“Boutique Hotel in Perfect Location”
Review of Wydown Hotel

Wydown Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in St. Helena
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I had been wanting to do a trip to Napa for a while but had always heard things about the area being pretentious or intimidating. NOT TRUE AT ALL and the Wydown Hotel was a perfect choice for us. Close to everything - shops and restaurants - in the adorable town of St. Helena, once we parked our car when we arrived and didn't need to move it.

The rooms are lovely - very clean and stylish. Complimentary water and beverages in the minibar were also a nice perk. In addition, a nice selection of teas were also available around the clock with to-go cups.

Hotel staff was great - very knowledgeable and gave us tickets for free tastings at a number of nearby winery's. This hotel is also a pick up location for the Platypus tours - which we highly recommend doing, as well!

Nearby dining options are fantastic - we dined at Market and Archetype - both were delightful. We were also referred to Goose & Gander but ran out of time on our trip. All were well within walking distance.

If you are looking for a quiet and relaxing place to stay while touring the Napa Valley, the Wydown won't let you down!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The Wydown provided us with a great location for a recent wedding and wine tour trip. The hotel has an intimate feel but the rooms were very spacious and newly updated. The hallways are a bit noisy the wood floors don't absorb the noise and we could hear people clomping and going all night.
A bit pricey with no real services or Food & Beverage offers but you can't beat the location and great parking too.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jcrosstalk
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed one night at the Wydown and found everything to work well. We stayed in Room 1 which was spacious and had a pull out sofa which allowed for a third person to stay in the room. The parking in back is very convenient and the hotel is on the Main Street in St Helena and walkable to all the restaurants. Only reason why this wasn't rated 'Excellent' was that it wasn't good value for the money - but that could just be St Helena. . ..

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2014

If you are looking for a small, boutique hotel right in the middle of the charming town of St. Helena and you don't mind spending a bit more, then this is the place. Great location, good service, clean, modern rooms with bathrooms that have shower stalls with glass enclosures (as opposed to shower curtains). Parking is located off the back alley. We had a nice quiet night's rest on a very comfortable bed. There is no breakfast included in the price, but they do give you a coupon for a cup of coffee or pastry at a nearby coffee store. Would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My daughter and I stayed here one night while visiting Napa. This hotel is fabulous!! Very comfortable,modern and great location. We walked to Market Restaurant ( across street) for delicious dinner and wine. There's plenty of boutique shops all in easy walking distance too.
Would definitely return again!

Room Tip: Probably best for back room vs street but town pretty quiet at night.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The Wydown is a fantastic place to stay if you like charm, cleanliness, and a friendly staff. It is a bit expensive, but much more affordable than most places in the area for a good hotel. My biggest complaint were the uncomfortable pillows, which I brought to their attention. They informed me that they have heard this before and are in the process of getting better pillows. My husband and I like quiet and I had requested the most quite room in the hotel. I was informed they would request a room facing the atrium, which is the most quiet. When we arrived we were told that we were upgraded to a room that is brighter, because of the windows facing the street. I was excited to hear "upgrade", so I had put "quiet room" out of my mind. I was told by the desk clerk that if we didn't like the room we could move to another, but I said we would give the room a try. It was noisy, because of the morning traffic. When I brought this up to them they were willing to change rooms for us. We decided we didn't want to move our stuff, so we stayed. Next time, I would definitely get a room facing the atrium. Because of the staff wanting to accommodate and the decor being so fantastic I would stay at the Wydown again.

Room Tip: If you want quiet choose a room off the main street.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This small (12 room) hotel near the Culinary Institute is a gem. Prior to my visit, I spoke to Carol several times. She helped by providing suggestions for transportation and restaurants. Her knowledge of the area was invaluable. Our room was spacious and very clean. Located on the Main Street, it's close to restaurants, shops and a grocery store.
If you are headed to the area for a class at the CIA, it's difficult to get transportation early morning
classes. The local taxi doesn't provide serve before 8.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
WydownHotel, Front Office Manager at Wydown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Laurie G.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. We appreciate your kind words. Please come back and visit us again!

Carole Castell

#7 of 15 in Calistoga
The Bergson
The Bergson
#6 of 15 in Calistoga

Been to Wydown Hotel? Share your experiences!