“Amazing Stay at the Zinfandel Inn” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zinfandel Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Helena
Zinfandel Inn
Ranked #11 of 12 St. Helena B&B and Inns
BOSTON, MA
“Amazing Stay at the Zinfandel Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2008

If you crave an oasis in the middle wine country this is your place. Our family took over the second floor with three nicely decorated and very comfortable rooms. The gardens are as lovely and relaxing as the rest of the Inn. Jerry and Diane make you feel like a part of the family just home for a visit. Breakfast was an adventure everyday with an ample amount of mouth watering delights. French toast with fresh fruit, eggs benedict with a twist, a buffet of fruit and pastries every morning you will truly not be hungry until dinner. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank JanJack

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Orange county
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2008

The outside of the inn is beautiful from the road...once inside it's a different story. Our room was old and dirty. It looks like it hasn't been touch since the owner bought the place back in the 80's. The bed is old and very uncomfortable. To me a B&B should have a nice bed with great linens and fluffy pillows...not the case in this place. Everything was very run down, the bed, pillows, blanket and carpeting. The bathroom was poorly lit not to even mention the cracked sink or the toilet that wouldn't flush without you holding down the plunge the entrie time. I could go on and on. We stayed at the Somoma Best Western on the same trip and it's was the Ritz compared to this place. Even the small 17 inch TV was a joke...do yourself a big favor and don't spend the money to stay at this dump!

Stayed April 2008
4 Thank goldgirl14k
Tallahassee, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2008

Now, I have to start with I didn't actual stay here but Jerry the owner was the most helpful and caring individual. I called this place after my wedding plans had changed (it's a long and very sad story). He offered to help and have the wedding at the Inn. He was very flexible and will to work with my fiancé and I. Him and his wife worked to provide me with pictures of their gorgeous castle home and property. All is very perfect for a romantic getaway and a wedding. The place looked like a fairly tale and I would recommend this place to anyone! Vineyard views, lushes greens and tropical like pool you are sure to feel like a King or Queen.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
      Location
San Jose
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2006

We called the Zinfandel Inn to put a room on hold about two months ahead of our intended stay. The onwer Jerry sounded like he already had too much Zinfandel to drink himself. Requested my credit card number to hold the reservation. Next day we canceled the reservation, but they had already charged the full room rate on my credit card. They did issue a refund, but kept a $25 cancelation fee. I never authorized them to charge a deposit on my credit card, it was only given to hold the room. Their cancelation policy is not on their web site. They did not explain it when we called them. First time we saw it was in very small print on the fax they set us to confirm the reservation, after they charged my credit card. Stay away from these crooks.

Stayed March 2006
12 Thank Peter B
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2005

If you like shag carpet and Kmart country decor in the bathroom, this place is for you. The traffic on the street was quite brisk beginning at the crack of dawn. Not very restful. The inn was not quite the caliber I expected. The champagne and truffles promised upon arrival consisted of one split and 2 pieces of candy you can buy at Ride Aid.

The highlight was the breakfast, which was excellent. Overall, for the price I would try elsewhere.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2005

This B&B was quiet, clean and spacious. The breakfast was good, but I was disappointed in the small portions.

• Stayed October 2004
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
8 Thank kindred_spirit
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2004

The Zin INN is a set deep in Napa Valley and is close to the great wineries. A great location away from people and traffic. Most travelling should be done on the Silverado trail. After dinner' walks in the Raymond vineyards across the street are romantic. The Inn is small and quaint , the breakfast is always delicious and filling, a great way to start the day. The Innkeepers do not bother you, yet are available to meet your needs. I have stayed here several times and look forward to future visits.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#4 of 9 in St. Helena
Shady Oaks Country Inn
Shady Oaks Country Inn
#7 of 12 in St. Helena

Been to Zinfandel Inn? Share your experiences!