“Wonderful winery!”

Franciscan Oakville Estate
Ranked #55 of 123 things to do in St. Helena
Reviewed 6 August 2014

What a great surprise at the end of a long day of a Napa wine tour. As it turned out, this was my favorite winery of the 4 we visited that day. We enjoyed a great 2013 Rose, 2013 Fountain Court White Wine, and a 2010 Clos Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon - I found them all to be wonderful, even the Rose (sorry, Rose fans)! The service was even better as I contacted the winery days later to try and recall what exactly was offered that day. I received a quick and helpful response. I will visit this winery again in the future and would recommend others to do the same!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"drinkers"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Had an enjoyable afternoon here with my wife tasting a flight of good wine and conversing with the engaging staff. Deano in particular was very helpful and knowledgeable about the history of the area and the wineries around us.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We went to Franciscan after enjoying the cab and chardonnay available in Michigan. We were very disappointed with the winery visit. We found the wines to be only ok. The whites (besides the chardonnay) were too sweet. Our server was not very attentive and not knowledgable at all. Perhaps if we had a better server we would have had a better experience.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I come to this winery mostly to buy and the tasting is always a plus, I love their magnificat wines, I used to have few of their bottles and I always try to come back for more, if you are in the area you should try their wine. Great customer service too.

1  Thank MONTYHADES