“Gourmet and Picnic Stuff ...”
Review of Dean & DeLuca

Dean & DeLuca
Ranked #1 of 9 Shopping in St. Helena
More attraction details
Owner description: At the Napa branch of this internationally known provider of fine food, much of the produce is local that many of the cheeses are from local artisans. In addition, all of the wine sold in the store is from California.
Tyrone, Georgia
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Gourmet and Picnic Stuff ...”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

If you can't find it here, it does not exist. They will make up a picnic basket, but the fun with this place is walking around and picking up your own stuff. Great for salads, sandwiches, coffee, dessert, local wines, spices, even cooking hardware. Always a stop on our trips up valley on Hwy. 29.

Visited April 2014

California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Everything you could want for a great picnic in wine country - cheese, charcuterie, fresh bread, olives etc. Great cheese and wine selections. Yes it is pricey but not out of line for the Napa area.

Holiday, Florida
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“BEST SANDWICH EVER”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

BLTA - bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado. Great store, wish our scheduled would have allowed a return. Sandwiches are huge, so share them.

Santa Fe
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“Great gifts and gourmet picnic supplies”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Every single thing about D+D is impeccable. It is heaven in St Helena! We went for sandwiches, cheese and other picnic supplies and picked up some great hostess gifts to keep on hand. if you have a budget, there are things you can buy too. Just look around or ask the friendly staff. But they didn't have a budget olive oil )-: I asked the cashier and she pointed to a $10 doll-sized bottle of oil that probably contained 2 tablespoons at the maximum. I always like a good inexpensive bottle of olive oil to take home, you would think they could source it if they wanted. Just an idea.

1 Thank XenaSfe
Duluth, Georgia
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Great sandwiches but overpriced”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I was going to give D&D an excellent because the food we ordered really was very good. The staff were all friendly and chatty. The reason I changed the "grade" to average is because the prices were as outrageous as expected. We ordered a couple of sandwiches en route to the airport so we didn't have to be subjected to airline food (or the lack thereof these days). The sandwiches were wonderful (although they could have done with some seasoning) but ridiculously overpriced. They didn't really seem to have anything that I can't get for less at my local Whole Foods, same cheeses, same pasta brands. The breads were obviously fresh and local. I'm a big fan of reuseable grocery bags and generally bring one back when we travel (Fortnum & Mason, Marks & Spencers, etc) so I went to pick one up, I dropped it like I had been burned. $52 for a canvas tote? Seriously, I think someone was having a joke. There's no need for these prices, people would probably purchase more if the goods were more reasonably priced, but then if you're charging these prices you're probably getting the sales anyway. My daughter will be in the area in March and I told her about the D&D store, she rolled her eyes and said yeah, but we can't afford them, the sad thing is she's probably right.

1 Thank mandarina65