“Pricey Picnic Worth Every Penny”
Review of Dean & DeLuca

Dean & DeLuca
Ranked #1 of 9 Shopping in St. Helena
More attraction details
Owner description: At the Napa branch of this internationally known provider of fine food, much of the produce is local that many of the cheeses are from local artisans. In addition, all of the wine sold in the store is from California.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My go-to spot for delicious picnic food in Napa Valley. Yes, it's pricey but you really get what you pay for. This is high end, super yummy food. I make a beeline for the deli case in the very back of the store. There you'll find a make your own sandwich station (and a make your own salad station too). Place your order and the chefs behind the counter will toss up a gourmet salad or wrap up the perfect wine country picnic sandwich. The prepared deli salads are yummy too and change on a daily basis. It's worth stopping in every day of your visit to see what's on offer.

As a low carb eater, this place is awesome because they totally "get it." I always order my custom-built sandwich wrapped in lettuce instead of bread and every time they knock it out of the park (see my photos). The only weird thing is that I order pretty much the same thing every day of my trip for lunch and every day the price is different. I've paid anywhere from $8.95 up to $13.95 for the exact same turkey, cheese and veggie lettuce wrapped sandwich.

While your yummy-ness is getting prepared take time to browse the aisles. There's a fabulous wine section and a great cheese case. The bakery features local bakery desserts, breads and sweets and a very nice coffee bar ($2 shots of espresso but it's good). This place is NOT cheap (if you got all your picnic goodies here it would run you at least $75) but I think the quality is worth it. Don't buy bottled water, potato chips, fruit or Diet Pepsi here; that's what you'll grossly overpay for.

There's no official place to sit to eat here (no tables or chairs) but lots of folks take a seat on the concrete wall out front. We like to haul our picnic across the street to the nice grounds at V Sattui.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Foodie connoisseurs and Chef-wanna-be's will find this to be a local utopia. The perfect take-out lunch spot for road trip adventures in Napa Valley. Dean & Deluca has an exquisite array of gift offerings for those back home. We selected a few cucina mementos for our home as well. A 'Shout Out!' to their darling staff, so wonderful with answering questions and offering suggestions. Gift recipients were thrilled. Grazie!

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

It's very hard to just buy one item when they have so many to pick from, my friend also had to buy more than she was expecting to buy, delicious pastries, sandwiches, pretty much everything for a picnic and more. This is a good stop for snacks, picnic food and even wine.

1  Thank MONTYHADES
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stopped here before going on wine tastings to get some picnic food. That's not the only thing we got for sure! I was so exited to see all the delicious dean and deluca brand stuff like jams, bruschetta topping, balsamics, olive oils I just wanted to take everything back home! yummmmm

Reviewed 20 April 2014

If you can't find it here, it does not exist. They will make up a picnic basket, but the fun with this place is walking around and picking up your own stuff. Great for salads, sandwiches, coffee, dessert, local wines, spices, even cooking hardware. Always a stop on our trips up valley on Hwy. 29.