“Home Away From Home!”
Review of Black Rock Inn

Black Rock Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 St. Helena B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I've stayed at the Black Rock Inn with the gracious host, Jeff, 3 times now and I'll be back again!

The Inn is immaculate and perfectly situated in a secluded part of St. Helena. Jeff takes every step to make sure you are comfortable, but he does so without imposing on your space.

Breakfast is served at the group table every morning. It was something I was hesitant to at first, since I tend to prefer to eat with my immediate company, but Jeff does a great job of making everyone feel welcome.

Jeff's knowledge of Napa is unmatched. He has sent us to some of the best places in the Valley. His love of wine is evident in his collection, and he's always happy to share some of the amazing bottles he's collected over the years.

If you're planning a trip to Napa, don't think twice, book at the Black Rock Inn. It's a peaceful, friendly and memorable place to spend your time.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JMergott
There are newer reviews for Black Rock Inn

Reviewed 20 April 2014

My brother and I stayed at Black Rock Inn during my first trip to Napa in October, 2013. We were visiting during typical harvest time and had been advised to stay north of Napa to avoid harvest weekend traffic. After speaking with the owner, Jeff, by phone, we decided to try Black Rock Inn. Our experience was phenomenal in every dimension. The house and property are absolutely beautiful, the rooms are excellent, breakfast is outstanding, and Jeff is a fun, kind, and gracious host. At our request, Jeff also helped arrange our winery tours on Friday and Saturday and he helped us make dinner reservations as well. He sent us to wineries we had never heard of and the majority of them were phenomenal. The trip completely opened our eyes to new places and we ended up joining multiple mailing lists to get access to some special wines.

A big part of the enjoyment of Black Rock Inn is interacting with Jeff. He loves wine, knows a lot about it, and loves to talk about wine. He pours generously from his wine collection for his guests. We had a blast hanging out with him and the other guests in the late afternoons before dinner and also after dinner.

Located in St. Helena, Black Rock Inn is situated perfectly as a staging point for winery tours. Jeff set us up with an excellent car service, and we were never in the car for more than ~20 minutes between wineries.

Overall, I would highly recommend Black Rock Inn to any wine lover wanting to explore Napa or anyone looking for a quiet getaway. I plan to bring my wife there for an anniversary trip in 2015.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dustin M
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here with another couple to celebrate my birthday and our engagement. I have been to Napa three times and this is by far the nicest place I've stayed. Jeff had bottles of wine and a card ready to greet us and celebrate. The breakfast was phenomenal. The rooms and house are always clean and the grounds are gorgeous. It is very quiet and relaxing. Jeff was very helpful suggesting places to go to, food choices, and wines to drink. The place is remarkable, and looks like a postcard. We liked it so much, that we are hoping to plan our wedding in Napa just so we can return here soon!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 2, and it was awesome. The room is huge, it has a nice bathroom and a very comfor...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony A
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We were looking for a place to spend the night of our last minute elopement in Napa, and I contacted Black Rock Inn and several other websites requesting a 1 night stay (most of the nicer places require a two night minimum). Jeff got back to me immediately and offered us two beautiful suites (one for us and one for our friend). We're so happy we chose this place!

We arrived at Black Rock Inn just an hour and a half before we were scheduled to be picked up to go to the ceremony. While we were scrambling to get ready Jeff offered us wine and was super helpful. When we had a minor crisis emptying our suitcases looking for misplaced tuxedo buttons, he arranged to have our driver pick up some in town (although luckily we found them).

Later in the evening we got back more wine was offered and we had a nice chat. Jeff certainly knows his wine. He also showed us Suite 1, where he kindly took some photos of us. Homemade breakfast the next morning was a great start of our day, before we headed off on our honeymoon. The whole place is beautifully designed and kept, and amazingly tranquil. We would have loved to stay longer and will definitely be back for future anniversaries.

Room Tip: We stayed in suites 2 and 4, which were both beautiful down to every last detail. The bed in room 2...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mayalbv
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed in September 2013 and rented the separate cottage on this property. Jeff was a wonderful welcoming host with a deep affection and understanding of all things wine and very willing to share his extensive wine cellar. He is also a fantastic chef - breakfasts are not to be missed with fresh baking and full eggs, juice, etc. The cottage is outstanding, big, beautifully finished with your own massive deck with heaters. I loved the location, we were an easy 5 minute drive from St. Helena but on the other side of the valley so we used the Silverado Trail for traversing the valley, a quieter route with some of the best wineries in the valley. I would stay her again for sure. Thanks Jeff for a lovely time, lots of laughs and great help with all our plans.

Room Tip: The cottage is great for two couples but the main house has lots of lovely rooms too.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here for our October 2013 Honeymoon and just loved it! It was so quiet and relaxing, and Jeff the Innkeeper was an incredible host. He helped us navigate wine country and made us a delicious breakfast each morning. The Black Rock Inn is tucked away from everything, but located near all the wineries so it was a good mix of away from it all without really being away from it all. Loved this place and highly recommend!

Room Tip: Stay in suite 2!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2013

On our trip to Napa we were lucky enough to find Black Rock Inn. I was absolutely thrilled to stay in such a beautiful home with GREAT decor. Jeff was a wonderful host and provided us with not only first class hospitality but, great suggestions on what to see and do. The rooms had a very relaxing feel and the beds were so comforting to sleep in. I DID NOT want to leave. We will be back! See you in 2015 Jeff!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
#2 of 6 in Yountville
Auberge du Soleil
Auberge du Soleil
#1 of 2 in Rutherford

Been to Black Rock Inn? Share your experiences!