“Chocolate and wine pairing”

Rutherford Ranch Winery
Ranked #21 of 120 things to do in St. Helena
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Our friends we were visiting set this up so I'm not sure of the details as to how easy/hard it is to get a seating. Our "guide", Dean, did an excellent job of engaging us in conversation and explaining all about the process used at Rutherford Ranch as well as the wines offered. The wines were delicious and Dean was very informative. Our friends had a Groupon so look for them their for a discount. Even without the discount this is a great wine tasting experience while in Napa Valley.

All reviews
"taste wine"
"picnic lunch"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I did the wine and chocolate pairing. So good! Our server was very friendly, knowledgable, and made the experience very enjoyable. The chocolates really accentuated the wines.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We went for the pairing and were thrilled with the hospitality of the server. She was so friendly and obviously enjoyed the job. This ended up being the only tasting we went to today, because we tasted everything they had! The Predator Zin is to die for! We are members now, and will probably go back for a little more before we go home.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

My daughter and I visited Rutherford Ranch Winery while visiting the Napa Valley because we enjoy their Predator wine back home in Ohio. We visited early on a rainy Tuesday morning, and really couldn't have asked for more. We were showered with attention and definitely enjoyed ourselves at the wine at chocolate paring tasting. I mean, what a way to get a woman's attention, right? I'm sorry to read that others didn't have the same experience we did. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, recommend it, and would absolutely go back.

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I know little of wine. There. Now you know. But I wanted to do something to change that while in Napa and why not? We had limited time so we had only time for one wine tasting. I happened to see an ad for a chocolate wine paring tasting and loving chocolate investigated. Loved it. Great host. Good intro to wine though I have a feeling you can get out of it as much as you like. It was more than sufficient for me. Very enjoyable. It was nice that they had a groupon which I also looked up and used. Lovely.