“10 bites, $16. Not a meal!”
Review of Market

Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 52 Restaurants in St. Helena
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spring and Adams
Description: Market Restaurant offers an elegant yet comfortable dining experience. Located on Main Street in St. Helena, the historical building features exposed stone walls and an antique bar dating back to the turn of the century. The menu features American classics with a fresh seasonal approach and the wine list offers a diverse selection of wines to complement Chef's creations, with an emphasis on wines from local Napa Valley vintners. In addition to a locally inspired and reasonably priced wine list, Market never charges corkage.
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

The Market was pretty quiet yesterday at noon. Still took some time for service to appear. My husband got breakfast of corned beef hash, got plenty of food and said it was good not great, I got lobster rolls, 6 bites of food. A small salad came with it....4 bites. I was still hungry..... Very hungry. I feel for the money, a little more cheap lettuce would have been appreciated. I told the server I did not get enough food, then some one else checked on us, again still hungry. They did not care. Finally the manager asked how everything was. He offered to take $8 off the bill. I feel that the waiter should have warned me that this was a "light meal". Would not go back. 3 stars for hubby's meal and mine was good just small.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,044)

Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

While on our trip in Napa, we are here and were please but not thrilled. The portions were tiny in comparison to the $. The flavors were ok but not spectacular.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Visited here twice in 24 hours! Had the Mac n cheese and watermelon salad both times, both are to die for

Reviewed 27 August 2014

The place looks very atractive for a worderfull dinner with red wine. We did not have reservation and we did not have to wait long. Halibat was perfect; juicy and delicious. The red wine was the Brown zinfandel. We liked so much of that wine, but we could not find in any store. We will be back next September and I will order the same. Our only complaint was about the bread. It looks like you will not get if you do not ask.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We were very warmly greeted the moment we walked in, and our experience the whole evening continued to be great. Everything we ordered was amazingly good (watermelon salad, mac & cheese, steak, butterscotch pudding - and I don't even like butterscotch!) I really appreciated the fact that neither the food nor the people there were pretentious. Alfie was our waiter and he was wonderful. I noticed that all the staff were really hustling trying to take great care of everyone. I'd highly recommend Market, it was a great overall experience!