“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rombauer Vineyards

Rombauer Vineyards
Ranked #10 of 113 things to do in St. Helena
More attraction details
Owner description: Our St. Helena Winery, set high on a tree-covered knoll just off Silverado Trail, features a lovely porch with stunning views of the Mayacamas Mountains, a garden with over 100 varieties of plants and flowers, whimsical works of art collected by Koerner Rombauer and wine caves. We offer tastings by appointment from 10 a.M. To 5 p.M. Daily.
Fort Worth, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Warning! So amazing! The grounds are beautiful, the view is breathtaking, and you're going to want to buy all the wine and join the club. Or, maybe that's just me. My friends and I really enjoyed our tastings here and found it well worth the visit.

La Verne, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great wine and grounds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

The wine was reccomended to us so checked it out and loved it! Also the grounds were so amazing if u likr flowers shrubs and gardens u will love this place

Palo Alto, California
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Fabulous wines”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I love Rombauer whites! My extended family loves their reds. It's fun to go to their little winery to get tastes of each. My husband and I stopped in between other winery visits. They are on a hillside with a little sign by the driveway. The tasting room is small but the view from their front porch is absolutely majestic. They also have a lovely garden to wander in. We paid $20 for a taste of 5 and shared. It was a lovely stop. Wines are $32/bottle for Chardonay but then jump to $50-80 for reds. I'm happy with an $12 glass when I go to nice restaurants!

Hollywood, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best Chard ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Grounds are beautifully maintained by "Xavier" "Moonglow. Do talk with him, he is a delight. Great view, nice tasting bar. Best Chard I have ever had!

Olney, Maryland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Disappointing Tasting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We've been in wine country for five days doing a variety of tours/ tastings and this was by far the worse. I sought out this winery after tasting their Chardonnay at the Culinary Institute. I called and was told they did not take reservations. When I arrived they were busy and each person pouring was dealing with more than one group. I should have purchased what I came for and walked away. The woman pouring was so fake and rude my husband had to walk away and sit outside while the rest of rest proceeded on with the tasting. She did give us a second pour of the wine I wanted to try and did purchase but only after my request. Every where else I've been (Vincent arroyo, the castle, Coppola, campovida) all offered revisits before making a buying decision. Granted it was one bottle but she did nothing to enrich the tasting experience. There are so many friendly, knowledgeable people out there why go to one with nothing to offer! Go elsewhere!!

2 Thank JRP0628