“Escape to tranquility”

Meadowood Napa Valley
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in St. Helena
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We enjoyed a fabulous weekend at the lovely Meadowood Resort. The "cottage" we stayed in was very welcoming and beautiful. The property is so lovely and tranquil. It's at the base of hills and there are trees all around the property. It smells so fresh and beautiful. It's like being in the forest, yet with just a very short distance to all the towns in the Wine Country. The property has a nice pool area and a spa as well. The restaurants on property are both great. The Restaurant is Michelin rated. The Grill is a more casual atmosphere, but still fine dining with a fantastic fresh Napa Style menu.

I would definitely recommend staying at Meadowood. You will not regret it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
MeadowoodResort, General Manager at Meadowood Napa Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you for your very kind comments! The property really is very beautiful this time of year. The rain is bringing out the wonderful, natural scents of the forested hillsides on our estate. I love the combination of these scents and the wood burning fireplaces in our guest rooms or "cottages." I appreciate that you mentioned both of our dining venues. We are fortunate to have The Restaurant at Meadowood, which as earned Three Stars from the esteemed Michelin Guide (We are the only other 3-star venue west of Chicago besides The French Laundry in Yountville). The Restaurant is open for dinner only. The Grill is our guests' daily "go to" dining venue for breakfast, lunch, dinner, cocktails on the patio or brunch on Sundays. I hope you'll return to spend a few of the warm days of summer around our pool. And, mark your calendar for fall 2015 as we will be opening our brand new Spa in a different location on the property. We look forward to seeing you again! Alex Kim, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Meadowood Napa Valley

Reviewed 25 March 2014

My husband and I have the privilege of traveling to all parts of the world. When it came to our honeymoon, we made the decision to stay close to home in the Napa Valley. There was only one place to stay in our minds- Meadowood. We wanted an experience that allowed us to rest, relax and uncover hidden treasures that were not yet discovered from our visits there. Bob Magnani planned a flawless trip for us that focused on every detail. Amorena Simpson personally guided us to wineries. Introducing and sharing with us her friends and craftsman. A back door tour of a lifetime. As we were leaving, we knew that there would never be any place else that we could stay. We were home.

Room Tip: If you can look over the croquet green, you will see the essence of the property.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
MeadowoodResort, General Manager at Meadowood Napa Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Jennifer, congratulations on your marriage! Many thanks to you and your new husband for choosing to spend your honeymoon at Meadowood. I will pass along your kind comments to Bob and Amorena. They are both exceptional representatives of Meadowood and our surrounding community. The owners of Meadowood have always wanted the property to feel much more like a second home than a traditional resort or hotel. It makes us all very happy to know this is how you felt after your time with us. I'm also glad to see that you live not too far from us! This will make it possible for you to return to us often to continue your discovery of Napa Valley's hidden treasures. Bob, Amorena or I will be happy to assist you personally with scheduling future visits. Best wishes for a wonderful life as husband and wife. Alex Kim, General Manager

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed at Meadowood in January 2014 for the first time and was surprised at this beautiful resort nestled in the woods off of Silverado Trail that I have driven past many times. It is a perfect setting . We had dinner in their Michelin star restaurant which was amazing. The rooms and suites are well appointed and recently refurbished. I was in a Fairway Tree Top Suite, which was large with a fireplace, wine cooler and enormous bathroom. The tub was amazing! They have a 9 hole golf course, which I didn't have time to use, but will on my next visit.
What I loved the most about this resort is the service. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating. They have a car that will take you to and from Yountville so you can visit there without dealing with the tons of people and the road traffic. It only took 15-20 minutes.
All in all I highly recommend this resort. My travel agent was part of a consortia that offered amenities like a breakfast and spa credit and an upgrade. That was a lot of extra value for no extra cost.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
MeadowoodResort, General Manager at Meadowood Napa Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Gayle, it was SUCH a wonderful, warm January to spend in the Napa Valley! We did finally receive a lengthy rainfall that turned the hillsides green and brought the mustard to bloom. So, we have since been enjoying the beautiful colors of the winter season. With spring upon us now and the vineyards beginning to come to life I hope you'll return to us for another getaway. I'm glad you mentioned the bathtub in the Tree Top Room. It's a favorite among some of our guests who visit us frequently. We do have many other types of rooms with fabulous tubs as well, however, including some with a view of a fireplace. As always, my favorite comments are about our service. We have a very warm and dedicated staff. And our car service is relatively new so thank you for mentioning that as well! We are happy to take guests to downtown St. Helena or downtown Yountville as we know how much more relaxing it is to let someone else do the driving. Please let me know if I may assist with a future visit. Alex Kim, General Manager

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We held our wedding weekend here in June 2012. The match of the east coast country club service and west coast wine country was perfect for our NYC and CA guests. The service was impeccable, the food unforgettable, and the beauty of the hotel and wedding venue stunning. I could not have dreamed of a more beautiful hotel retreat to hold my wedding. Although some of the rooms are more upgraded than others, they were all charming and all of our guests were pleased with their accommodations. Our honeymoon suite was tasteful and luxurious. I only wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for selecting Meadowood for such a memorable occasion! Our beautiful, private estate does lend itself to weddings of near perfection. Our Estate Chef has been creating wedding-worthy menus for our guests for many years and he is absolutely committed to remaining current with respect to local, regional and sustainable ingredients while adhering to the high standards of our guests for meals that are artful and delicious. I'm pleased to let you know that we are nearing a complete renovation of all of the Meadowood guest rooms. So, should you decide to return for an anniversary, you will find any room you reserve to be bright, fresh, beautifully appointed and comfortable. In fact, please reach out to me personally if I may assist you in planning a return visit! It would be my honor to welcome you back to Meadowood. Alex Kim, General Manager

Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at Meadowood for the first 3 nights of our honeymoon and every minute there was absolutely perfect. From the moment we arrived, to the moment we departed the staff treated us like a king and queen. Every staff member we encountered was extremely kind and attentive. They truly strive to meet their guests every need.
Our room was lovely (room 32), and felt more like a cottage than a typical hotel room. It was clean and crisp, and the beds were extremely comfortable and plush! One of our favorite parts of the room was the fireplace. We were there in early December so it was a little chilly, especially at night. We loved being able to call the hotel on our way back from dinner to have them turn on our fireplace before we arrived. The hotel also has a car that will take you to and from dinner free of charge. If we ever return to Napa we will definitely stay at Meadowood...it is top of the notch! The setting is absolutely gorgeous, the rooms are extremely nice, and the staff is very accommodating and friendly.

1  Thank Camille B
MeadowoodResort, General Manager at Meadowood Napa Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Camille, thank you so very much for sharing these glowing comments! And thank you for choosing to spend three such important days in our care. I'm glad you liked being able to call ahead to have your guest room fireplace lit. Our staff is always happy to provide this service. It's one of those little touches our guests seem to appreciate most! It's also wonderful to hear you enjoyed the comfort of your guest room. The Meadowood guest rooms have been newly renovated and it's wonderful to know our guests are enjoying these fresh, new guest room experiences. We do hope you will make a stay at Meadowood a fond anniversary tradition. Wishing you many happy memories in your new life together...Alex Kim, General Manager

Reviewed 20 January 2014

This was our 5th visit -- We were lucky to be able to participate in Meadowood's 12 Days of Christmas; 3 nights in a very beautiful, quiet, and comfortable room, and dinners exceeding one's highest expectations. Service is first rate; staff is always helpful!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
MeadowoodResort, General Manager at Meadowood Napa Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

In staying with us five times you offer us the ultimate compliment. We are so glad to have you returning to Meadowood to enjoy special events, the beauty of our setting, the quiet privacy of your guest room and the service offered by our staff. On your next visit, please ask for me upon arrival as I would like very much to welcome you personally. Alex Kim, General Manager

Reviewed 14 January 2014

The property is set within a small canyon surrounded by beautiful trees. The rooms are mainly small cottages scattered along the hills. They are so quaint and cozy. We loved our stay and happened to be there during the Holidays when the resort is decorated beautifully with Christmas decorations. Every room had their own wreath on the door, which I loved. The service is phenomenal and attentive and there is no better restaurant in the valley than the three Michelin Star rated Meadowood Restaurant. (And I have eaten at the other 3 star rated restaurant many times.) We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
MeadowoodResort, General Manager at Meadowood Napa Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you for mentioning our holiday decorations! During the month of December, holiday décor is a fond tradition at Meadowood. This was my second holiday season at Meadowood and I think my favorite aspect is how tree branches, grapevines, moss and berries…things native to the property…are crafted into decorative focal points from wreaths to garlands. It makes the property feel at once nostalgic and contemporary. And, it's a constant reminder of how closely the Meadowood experience is tied to nature. I'm also glad you enjoyed dinner in The Restaurant at Meadowood! I hope spending the holidays here on the estate will become a happy tradition for you. Alex Kim, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Helena
#4 of 30 in Napa
Villagio Inn and Spa
Villagio Inn and Spa
#6 of 6 in Yountville

Been to Meadowood Napa Valley? Share your experiences!