Meadowood Napa Valley
Hotel St. Helena(St. Helena)
US$227
  • Bar/Lounge
Southbridge Napa Valley(St. Helena)(Great Value!)
US$371
Harvest Inn(St. Helena)
US$398
US$341
Hotels.com
El Bonita Motel(St. Helena)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$1,454
Rancho Caymus Inn(Rutherford)
US$450
1,959 results
All reviewsthe grillgolf coursehiking trailstennis courtscroquet lawnnapa valleyguest servicesbeautiful resortworld classfrench laundrybusiness meetingfitness centerworth every pennywood burning fireplacewine countrythe cottagescan't wait to go back
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2014

if you want something special with the best service food wine and facilities--this is it. The grill is grab for breakfast the wine education is amazing and the location to close to everything else you could want

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MeadowoodResort, General Manager at Meadowood Napa Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Andrew and Isabel, I'm glad you had an opportunity to take advantage of our wine experiences program. It's true we are centrally located to dozens of the Napa Valley's most celebrated wineries and we are happy to arrange visits for our guests. However, we do find many of our guests enjoy a "brush up" on the Napa Valley appellations, specific varietals, sensory evaluation skills, etc...prior to venturing out to explore, taste and make purchases of wines to take home. I hope you will enjoy sharing Napa Valley wines and the stories of your visit with family and friends around your dinner table until you are able to return to us. Until then, cheers! Alex Kim, General Manager

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Rooms are a bit dated, amenities delivered only after asking the front desk to deliver but not when promised. Deck furniture was dirty, wine fridge was noisy. Person delivering ice just walked in the room as did housekeeping without knocking or announcment. The food is great, the hotel is average at best and based on the cost of the room, doesn't rise to the level of similarly priced hotels.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Jeffrey and Laura, it was with great disappointment that I read your comments about your recent stay. I can tell you that your experience was not the standard at Meadowood. We are dedicated to providing a beautiful setting, restful accommodations, abundant amenities and most importantly, exceptional service. No stay should be flawed in the ways you described. I would be so grateful if you would reach out to me directly as I would genuinely welcome the opportunity to discuss these matters with you personally. You may reach me at your convenience at 707-967-1235. Alex Kim, General Manager

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Our recently updated room was beautiful. The service was outstanding and property's setting in an oak forest is spectacular. These are the reasons we keep coming back. We are looking forward to our next trip.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jeff and Sharon, thank you for spending your anniversary at Meadowood! I'm glad you like the updates we've made to the interiors of our guest rooms. We wanted to make them feel fresh, new and luxuriously in harmony with our beautiful, natural setting. We're honored to have you as part of the Meadowood family. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and often to your home in wine country. Alex Kim, General Manager

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This place is like a magic fairytale! It is absolutely beautiful inside and out! We got engaged there and are coming back for our wedding! The hiking trails were beautiful with benches and water bottles provided at breathtaking viewpoints. The cottage looked like it came out of a magazine and the bed was so comfortable it was hard to get up every morning. It is by far my favorite place I've ever stayed!! It's a little spendy but worth every cent.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jeffrey, having been selected as the setting for both your engagement AND your wedding is an incredible honor! We have more and more guests discovering the beauty of our hiking trails even though we've had them for many years. We believe this may be in keeping with America's heightened commitment to wellness. In any case, we are thrilled to have hikers along the trails and we are continuously looking for ways to make them even more enjoyable. Congratulations on your engagement. I have complete confidence that our Wedding Team will take the fairytale beauty you enjoyed on your last stay and create a wedding day setting that will be even more enchanting. We look forward to seeing you again for your next very special occasion! Alex Kim, General Manager

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I absolutely love this resort. It is relaxed, casual elegance and quite romantic situated in the middle of the Napa Valley. We stayed at this property for a long weekend for an event and everything about the resort was amazing. The location within Napa is great, but does take a bit of time to get from San Francisco. We got stuck in some traffic on our way back to the airport which made a 45 minute trip into a 2 hour trip. Definitely be sure to plan your travel back accordingly. We had not thought about the traffic.

The Restaurant at Meadowood was horrible, but I will complete a separate review for this restaurant. They don't deserve even 1 Michelin star.

The service at the property was exceptional. Everyone was happy to be there and truly happy to have visitors at the property. Every little detail was cared for.

We stayed in a suite up from the pool area. It was a freestanding cottage. The setup was similar to a junior suite format with one large room, with a fireplace and a separate seating area. The bed was super comfy. Standard amenities like a mini fridge, breakfast table, robes and good storage for clothing. The bathroom had a sizable tub overlooking the hills and a large shower (probably enough for a full family!). We had a side deck overlooking the resort grounds where we would eat breakfast each morning.

The pool area is nice, but basic. It is a basic rectangular pool with comfy chairs and umbrellas. There is service at the pool, but it is limited. The plus side though is it is never really crowded. If you are at the hotel ... you are really not going for the pool.

I did not have a spa treatment, but did walk through and it looked divine.

Our first day, we ate lunch overlooking the golf course. The setting was beautiful. Great views and a spacious seating environment. The food was standard lunch fare, but was excellent.

We also had a private dinner at the Napa Valley Reserve, the private wine club and vineyard on the property. Words can't describe the experience...and the pictures on the website don't do it justice. The setting is like something out of a movie and the food and service was magnificent. Everything was exceptional. Large wooden dining tables accommodating 20+ people adorned with local fresh flowers lit only by candles set under an open aired luxury cabin with full view of the open kitchen ... all members of our party were served at the same time in a dramatic presentation. Thinking of the food and wine from this place still make my mouth water.

The grounds are great for exploring. There are hiking and running trails and the hotel will provide you with a customized route based upon your needs. The hotel has so many amenities that it is almost impossible to try them all out during your stay.

The only downside to this property is that everything is so spread out. There is a ton of privacy which is great, but if you are not so good on your feet, it might be challenging. There were lots of stairs up to our room and we had to have golf carts pick us up to go to/from the various parts of the resort. There was not often a wait unless it was a busy time (e.g.: dinner)

I would highly recommend this resort and can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Get a cottage that is away from the main building and golf course if you want extra privacy. The cottages up on the hill behind the pool are either free standing or shared with only one other cottage. They have great views and wonderful privacy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

With such a robust review, I hardly know where to start! First, thank you for taking the time to craft such a thorough and complimentary message. Since you seem to have made a valiant effort to explore the property's range of activities and amenities, I suppose I will just encourage you to return to experience those left untapped! One of the most common comments I hear from new guests is that if they had known how much there was to do at Meadowood they would have planned a longer stay. To that I say, live and learn and come for a week next time! We would certainly love to have you back. I'm also very happy to hear of your positive experience at The Napa Valley Reserve. I will pass your compliments along to my colleagues there. Until we see you again, I hope your memories of Meadowood will remain fond and vivid. Alex Kim, General Manager