Meadowood Napa Valley
Harvest Inn(St. Helena)(Great Value!)
US$352
US$296
Vineyard Country Inn(St. Helena)(Great Value!)
US$261
Shady Oaks Country Inn(St. Helena)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$262
Spanish Villa Inn(St. Helena)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$380
El Bonita Motel(St. Helena)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$171
US$410
Travelocity
Wydown Hotel(St. Helena)(Great Value!)
US$308
Napa Farmhouse Inn(St. Helena)
US$371
Black Rock Inn(St. Helena)
Hotels.com
1,975 results
All reviewsthe grillgolf coursehiking trailstennis courtscroquet lawnnapa valleyguest servicesbeautiful resortworld classfrench laundrybusiness meetingfitness centerworth every pennywood burning fireplacewine countrythe cottagescan't wait to go back
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We came here for our senior meeting in July.

From the moment you arrive you will feel special.

Loved the attention we got on arrival. Our bags taken to our rooms by staff.

The cabin style with vintage feel was great. Awesome bed and bedding.

Very comfortable living room area in the cabin. Nice view from the deck.

Food served for us at lunch was delicious.

Loved the fields and just walking around the place.

Wineries are amazing

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 22 July 2014

No complaints at all. The room was fantastic - every amenity covered. And the staff was just amazing. The property is unique and it's hard not to have your jaw drop while discovering the space - and your room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I am not going to lie or brag, but I have stayed at some amazing places, and this is definitely top five. I was somewhat hesitant having stayed at Calistoga Ranch in the past, but I think between the two I prefer Meadowood - but it depends on what you are looking for. The service was simply superb all around and the "room" was recently renovated and extremely comfortable. I agree with an earlier reviewer, that this is not a place for the mobility challenged. To get to our tree house "room" there were lots of stairs. Even just walking around the resort requires climbing up and down hills, but they also will give you a lift if you need it.

The strength of this resort is definitely in the activities. I was very disappointed that the golf course was not open, and I think it will be a huge benefit to the resort when it is ready. The tennis program seemed great, although I did not play. The gym was fantastic and the pool area really lovely. I am huge fan of hiking and having hiking trails right on the property is also a huge benefit.

The food was all around great and the location of the resort cannot be beat. One of the issues that I had with Calistoga Ranch was the fact that it really is quite far from everything that I wanted to do in Napa.

The weak point here was the spa, and I think once the new spa opens it will be amazing. I will also note that Meadowood operates as a sort of membership club, so many of the people who are there using the facilities belong to the club. This did not really bother me, but if you are looking for a more intimate experience then CR may be the way to go. I will say that CR had a more exclusive feel to it, but just on the basis of activities and location, I would pick Meadowood again.

. I will also note that there were one or two vineyards within walking distance, which is also a big plus. The concierge also did a great job of getting us into the vineyard that I wanted to go to for a private tour on very late notice. If you want just a really nice resort with lots to do, then this is your place. Is it the best place I have ever stayed, I still might reserve that for Delaire Graff in South Africa, but it is very close :)

Room Tip: Don't pick a treehouse room if you don't want to climb stairs...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
MeadowoodResort, General Manager at Meadowood Napa Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Welcome to your new home in the Napa Valley! We are delighted to learn that our service and activities left you with such a positive feeling about Meadowood. And, we are honored to have you as such a wonderful new ambassador. Our fairways have been on the list for improvement for some time and we are thrilled to have them in the midst of an update this summer and fall. Our golf studio remains open and our Golf Pro, Doug Pike, has arranged reciprocal golf agreements with several other local courses. So, if you return to us before the end of the year we're happy to make sure you get a round or two in during your stay. The fairways will reopen early in 2015. Our new Spa will also open in 2015 in late summer. We couldn't agree more that this will be an absolutely fabulous addition to the estate. The building is all new construction and designed by noted architect Howard Backen. It will be state-of-the-art while enjoying the understated elegant appearance for which Meadowood is know. We believe our treatment staff is already the best in the Valley, so moving them into this beautiful new environment will be incredibly satisfying. Thank you for taking the time to craft such a thoughtful review! We look forward to your next visit. Alex Kim, General Manager

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I explained in the previous areas of the survey regarding the deck and the in room dining service. I am a travel agent and I was looking at the property from a client's prospective. I think the new spa will be an attractive asset.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MeadowoodResort, General Manager at Meadowood Napa Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you so much for giving us a five-star review! We are incredibly grateful for the support of travel professionals from around the world. We place a very high value on your feedback as experts in the field and appreciate the confidence you place in us when you entrust us with your valued clients. We will look forward to welcoming the guests you refer to us and providing them with exceptional experiences. And, we also hope to welcome you back to the estate. Alex Kim, General Manager

Reviewed 21 July 2014

we were in room 81 and the bathroom needs more lighting but everything else was great.
I would also like to see more breakfast offerings on the weekend menu. Brunch starting at 8am is a little aggressive for me.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your suggestions regarding lighting and breakfast options. I will share these with the appropriate members of our team. We love receiving feedback from our guests! Alex Kim, General Manager