“One of the best CHinese meals we've had.”

Golden Bowl Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Salida
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Everything is spotlessly clean. They use high quality and fresh ingredients. Things are not as oily as they can be in a normal Chinese restaurant. I love the fact that the vegetable fried rice has large pieces of fresh broccoli, zucchini, etc. in it, instead of small, frozen diced veggies.
They are super friendly and even remember what your favorite items are. We have been going there a lot lately. We have never had better potstickers (home made) either. THe Snow white chicken uses large, beautiful pieces of white breast meat and the peapods are crisp and delectable.

Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

I travel weekly for work and finding a good restaurant close to the hotel is usually my goal. The food was good (potstickers, egg drop soup & Almond Chicken) and the service was great. It's a good value. ($15 for app, drink and entree) and there is enough left over for another meal. If I'm ever back in the area I'll eat here again. It's also walking distance to the Hampton Inn (same parking lot) which is always a plus.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

It was close to the Hampton. Essentially across the walk across the parking lot. Not really wanting to go into Modesto, I tried it our, knowing that storefront Chinese is iffy. The Sezhuan (sp?) beef was well spice, offered some heat, but not too much. Service was friendly and prompt, and the food was quickly delivered, even before I finished the unexpected egg drop soup.

1  Thank ConflictedRebel
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed next door at La Quinta and had read the good reviews on the Golden Bowl. On their menu they have several combination dinners priced very reasonably at $7.75 and we ordered two different ones, chicken chow mien and sweet & sour pork.
They were delicious and the portions so large left overs were transported back to LA in the cooler for dinner and lunch the following day.

We were thrilled to discover this family run restaurant only wish it wasn't so far from home!

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Great food, I have never had better Chinese food in my life! This is a favorite of the local Fire Dept and CHP too! The Garlic chicken is to die for and the service is fast. This may sound weird, But the wall color is the most soothing light green I have ever seen!