“Left My Shaving KIt -- Not Returned”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Modesto Salida
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Salida
Tahoe
“Left My Shaving KIt -- Not Returned”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Left my shaving kit in the bathroom. Called two days after check-out to have it mailed to me. The person I spoke with could find no shaving kit of any kind. Cost $150+ to build another similar kit (expensive German manicure tools and other items). I spend 60 or more days per year in hotels and have managed to leave behind a variety of items over the years, some expensive. Those items have always been found and cheerfully returned to me until this experience with La Quinta.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Hey guys!

I have stayed in over 100 hotels this year alone. I only get on here to write a review when I really love 'em or really hate 'em. Bare with the story...really. I never tell them in my reviews, but there was no other way with this one.

When we first checked in it was a hassle, far beyond what it needed to be. I lost my wallet, didn't want to use my debit, had to do cash deposit, no fault of theirs. My daughter had to run to an atm (it's midnight), so I asked for direction to the business center. At least I could print out the mornings itinerary while I waited.

"Where is the business center? I need to print my itinerary and directions for the morning."

"It's to the right, and down the hall! :/"

"Great"

Hmmmm it's locked.

"Excuse me. I need a key to be let it."

"Our business center is only for our registered guests."

"But! We are half-way registered... you know we are staying here, you can see our reservation and my daughter just left to get the cash."

"Your are not a registered guest until you give your cash deposit and we finish your registration."

"But! You knew that when I asked you where the business center was!"

"You didn't ask if you could use it."

Okay, it's midnight. I have a 7am meeting. Huh! Planning on talking to the manager in the morning, we get checked in. Morning comes and I am so sick I can hardly move. I make it to the first few minutes of my meeting and have to leave.

I come back to the room and notice, a huge, bigger than a softball size of mold on the ceiling. I asked to have our room changed. We were moved next door, to a room that looks like it used to have quite a bit of mold too. I spent two days at this hotel so sick I could hardly move. My daughter wanted to take me to the hospital. Then, she started getting sick.

This is my first day up, two days out of that toxic hell.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Lisa C
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

I've never been disappointed with La Quinta. It's a great value. You get breakfast too! They're very clean (I'm picky too!) and the price is extremely reasonable. This hotel sold drinks, snacks, and small amenities.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank KaykayZ
San Jose, Ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

We were here for my husband's softball tournament (with our pet). The receptionist at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. She made us feel very welcome. The room was nice and clean. There were a few restaurants nearby (mostly fast food) and several nice ones a few miles away.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marsdencci
So. California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

We were traveling with our Crocker and towing a new boat home and La Quinta was a wonderful stopping point for weary travelers. Their no fee policy for pets was a big plus for us. We were very pleased with the hotel property and well appointed fresh room.

The desk clerk advised us we could park in the lot behind the hotel and she was helpful in assigning us a room on the third floor so we could keep an eye on the boat. Several restaurants are adjacent to the hotel and we brought some Chinese food at the Golden Bowl in to enjoy watching the baseball All Star game on the flat screen TV. We settled in to a relaxing evening in a quiet hotel setting.

A great night's sleep was followed by La Quinta's hot cooked breakfast and two newspapers offered (Modesto Bee & USA Today). Friendly staff and would definitely stay here again if in the area. We choose this hotel because of TripAdvisor reviews over staying in Stockton where we were and we're so glad we did.... And the hotel's freshly baked choc chip cookies melted in your mouth!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TLC277
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

Overall a good nights stay, only stayed one night while traveling by. Arrived very late I think like 1 or 2am was greeted by a polite gentleman who was very helpful and courteous. Breakfast according to my son (I was still asleep) had a good assortment.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank iliketotravel2ohya
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salida
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida
BEST WESTERN Palm Court Inn
Baymont Inn & Suites Modesto Salida
Hampton Inn & Suites Modesto-Salida
DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto
Fairfield Inn & Suites Modesto Salida

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Modesto Salida? Share your experiences!