“lack of respect from parents and children "sports team"”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Modesto Salida
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Salida
high springs fl
“lack of respect from parents and children "sports team"”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My stay here on this beautiful property was certainly a dream- Staff were so very much down to earth wanted yo to be happy daily, BK in the am was more than anyone could want and the cleaning and maintaining areas were prompt and unyielding.There was one major problem- These sports teams whom passed by with tons of children, sneaking in dogs, letting them run without leashes and taking these furry creatures to the pool areas.These groups esp the adults were rude to staff when told to control their children whom ran up and down stairs, used the elevators for joy rides,slammed doors, played ball in the halls and in the parking lots, turned the televisons on louder than needed- Their parents pushed all of the tables in the dining area and sat and drank and were more than loud into the wee hours of two and more, drinking their beers and mixed drinks as their little darlings were tearing up the place and trashing the rooms one by one ignoring the words of staff about their behavior. Their parents became rude and nasty to staff because their perfect children were being corrected as they sat at tables drinking the night away.Am hours brought extra work to the kitchen, for these sweet folks had thrown their beer bottles and left over food all over- which caused an extra 45 minutes to clean up- before bk was begun.I myself this am did not attend bk- due to the fact I really had enough of the ignorance and rudeness of both adults and children.Housekeeping had rooms of trash, spoiled linen, garbage and extreme dirty bathrooms to clean when they too arrived to begin their day.Even the stair wells had trash in and on pathways from these darlings whom felt it was necessary to taunt these areas with their squander of selves...My heart goes out to the staff--They were professional with everything they did- only to get abuse from the darlings and most of all from these so called adults when they strongly made requests about correcting behavior and cleaning up behind themselves.Then one wonders why there are shootings in the schools, children under age drinking and drugging and early prositution both male and female, and our country indeed in trouble in every level-? Respect, care, trust ,just is not happening any more-even in the best of a situation.. My stay was indeed super and my hat if off to all of the staff whom had to endure such nasties even from so called responsible parents.

Room Tip: with pets- back rooms over office space- rooms away from elevators and main traveled areas
2 Thank cynthia s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Hercules, California
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Great service, friendly staff, wonderful location. Room was so nice and comfortable. Front desk lady was very helpful. Pool and spa Great!
Will definitely be back to stay again!
0h and I shouldn't forget the complimentary breakfast in the morning was outstanding!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I was in town for a family members funeral, and having friendly and helpful staff was MUCH appreciated. My stay was peaceful and very pleasant. Clean room, clean bathroom, and very attentive front desk and housekeeping staff. (And pup friendly) another big plus.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 September 2013

If you are in this area, this is a fantastic 2 1/2 star hotel. More like a 3 1/2 to 4 star. Very nice place to stay. Great number of TV chanels and great monitors. Very friendly staff and very helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Santa Maria, California
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Easy to get to, centrally located. Friendly and helpful staff. Super clean hotel, Decent complimentary breakfast. Super fast wireless. Easy check-in. plenty of parking. Will definitely stay again if in area.

Tahoe
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Left my shaving kit in the bathroom. Called two days after check-out to have it mailed to me. The person I spoke with could find no shaving kit of any kind. Cost $150+ to build another similar kit (expensive German manicure tools and other items). I spend 60 or more days per year in hotels and have managed to leave behind a variety of items over the years, some expensive. Those items have always been found and cheerfully returned to me until this experience with La Quinta.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Hey guys!

I have stayed in over 100 hotels this year alone. I only get on here to write a review when I really love 'em or really hate 'em. Bare with the story...really. I never tell them in my reviews, but there was no other way with this one.

When we first checked in it was a hassle, far beyond what it needed to be. I lost my wallet, didn't want to use my debit, had to do cash deposit, no fault of theirs. My daughter had to run to an atm (it's midnight), so I asked for direction to the business center. At least I could print out the mornings itinerary while I waited.

"Where is the business center? I need to print my itinerary and directions for the morning."

"It's to the right, and down the hall! :/"

"Great"

Hmmmm it's locked.

"Excuse me. I need a key to be let it."

"Our business center is only for our registered guests."

"But! We are half-way registered... you know we are staying here, you can see our reservation and my daughter just left to get the cash."

"Your are not a registered guest until you give your cash deposit and we finish your registration."

"But! You knew that when I asked you where the business center was!"

"You didn't ask if you could use it."

Okay, it's midnight. I have a 7am meeting. Huh! Planning on talking to the manager in the morning, we get checked in. Morning comes and I am so sick I can hardly move. I make it to the first few minutes of my meeting and have to leave.

I come back to the room and notice, a huge, bigger than a softball size of mold on the ceiling. I asked to have our room changed. We were moved next door, to a room that looks like it used to have quite a bit of mold too. I spent two days at this hotel so sick I could hardly move. My daughter wanted to take me to the hospital. Then, she started getting sick.

This is my first day up, two days out of that toxic hell.

3 Thank Lisa C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salida
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida
Best Western Palm Court Inn
Baymont Inn & Suites Modesto Salida
Hampton Inn & Suites Modesto-Salida
DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto
Fairfield Inn & Suites Modesto Salida

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Modesto Salida? Share your experiences!