“Great Stop”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Modesto Salida
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Salida
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were traveling on to Yosemite and stopped for the night. Easy check in/out. Staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast included. McDonald's, Denny's, and gas station next door. Right off the Interstate. Clean, adequate size room. Hot showers. Had an outside pool but didn't get a chance to use it. Computer in Lobby for customer use. Just what we needed. We couldn't check in to our campground till the next day. This hotel put us close enough without paying higher prices the closer you get to the National Park. Easy drive right into Yosemite.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Modesto Salida

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My one night stay here was hassle free and pleasant. My upgrade room was clean and equipped with 2 TVs, boom box, and well appointed furnishings. I didn't use any of the other hotel facilities since I was tired from the workday, but they were there.
The breakfast was standard, with several choices for low carb dieters such as myself. An improvement over the last two Fairfields I stayed in. This hotel is next to Hwy 99, so very convenient, but there is road noise all the time. And train noise, which didn't bother me. I like the sound of trains,
I would stay here again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: I was on the interstate side and could hear that steadily in my room. Also, the occasional train cam...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MTIndiana
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Me and my sister after renting a car at San Francisco Airport we head for Yosemite National Park. It was already pretty late and we decided to stay for the night at Fairfield Inn & Suites. Cost was 117 USD for a double. The room was really spacious with two big double beds and a fast wireless connection. Even if close to the street it was quite and nearby we found 2 or 3 eateries for dinner. Staff was friendly and continental breakfast really good. Recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank geremiaMilano
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I've had several one-night stays here in the past couple years. Housekeeping had been a weak spot here, but recent stays have had no housekeeping issues. Breakfast is OK for this price point, although I laugh at, and ignore, the thimble-sized paper cups we're encouraged to use for orange juice. Front desk staff has alway been courteous and helpful. I'll likely be back for overnight budget business stays.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Mehul P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Modesto Salida, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for taking the the time to respond, we always appriciate our guest feed back.
We take great pride in knowing that our staff here does an execellant job. We know that in the past the housekeeping may have been weak point for you, we want to thank you for giving us that chance to prove our value. As for the juice cups our hotel is going green and this is a Marriott Standard for the size juice cups. The purpose of this is to minimize waste. Any guest is welcomed to take what they need. We do want thank you, again. Please have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel. They offer free wi-fi and a premium service for $4.95. While connecting to the wi-fi service via my smartphone, I accidentally clicked on the premium service. I didn't want this service so I immediately called the front desk and asked what to do. She told me to call tech support, which I did. Tech support informed me that they didn't see my smartphone connected, however they did see my laptop. I asked them to clear my laptop, which they did. I then went to the front desk and explained what tech support did and asked that they don't charge me the $4.95. She said they had to because she called tech support and they told her I accessed the service with my laptop. This is untrue, I never browsed the internet at all as I was only on the premium service for a few minutes. I just got off the phone with their General Manager and he is insisting that I used the premium service, and he was going to charge me for that service. This hotel is clean, and the front desk clerk is very friendly, but I would caution anyone who decides to stay here. If everything runs smooth, you will probably be fine, but if you have a problem like I did, they won't be understanding. The General Manager absolutely didn't care that I will be back in Modesto for the next six months at a minimum of 4 days per month. There are a lot of other choices nearby so I will be staying at one of those instead.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank BizTraveler14887
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here as part of our Western Discovery (Virgin Holidays) tour back in July 2013. This hotel was not the one we were supposed to stay in according to our itinerary - but despite this we had a good night. The hotel itself is fairly small but it has everything you need for a comfortable nights sleep. The rooms were spacious with all the amenities. We swam in the hotel pool which is at the back of the property - this is a good size considering the size of the hotel. There isn't much in the surrounding area apart from a few restaurants. We ate that night in Denny's which is directly behind the hotel - this was a great meal. We then ate complimentary breakfast in the hotel the next day which was fine. The hotel is a few hours drive from Yosemite and about 45 minutes drive into San Francisco. There was also a small shop we stopped in between Yosemite and the hotel called The Fruit Barn (Hughson) - this was a lovely place with fresh locally grown fruit and drinks, with a mix of rescued animals in a small farm out the back, we would recommend a visit here if stopping off on the way through!

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor - it was very spacious and we had no complaints about any noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night for work. The hotel was clean and comfortable. This is not my favorite place I have ever stayed but for a night it was just fine. You can request a quiet room if you will be concerned. Breakfast options were good and right off Hwy 99.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salida
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida
La Quinta Inn & Suites Modesto Salida
Hampton Inn & Suites Modesto-Salida
Baymont Inn & Suites Modesto Salida
DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto
Ramada Modesto
Ramada Modesto
#4 of 20 in Modesto

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Modesto Salida? Share your experiences!