“Great Monterey Area Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salinas
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Salinas
Reviewed 24 July 2011

If you are touring the Monterey area, this hotel (which looks newly built) is a great place to stay. The decor and appointments were very nicely done. The hotel itself was very clean. Our room was spacious and very clean. The staff was courteous. At the time of our stay, there were a lot of families and kids which we enjoy. We did not eat breakfast but everyone there seemed to be enjoying themselves. The only downside was the area surrounding the hotel -- it was run down.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 July 2011

My Darling Wife Judy and I stayed at the "Holiday Inn Express" in Salinas, ca. recently and found the stay most enjoyable. The Front Desk Staff was courteous and helpful, the indoor swimming pool/hot tub was appreciated, as was the exercise facilities. The complmentry Breakfast was above the standard "breakfast" that is normally provided at various other hotel/motels. The room was comfortable,clean, and well appointed. the only "draw back" to this fine facility was the "rumble" and "roar" of the "Big Rig" trucks on Highway 101 however, this sound is soon negated as you quickly get used to it and drift off to sleep. Judy and I will return and recommened the Holiday Inn Express and Suited Salinas.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Our family of 5 wanted to visit Monterey over Memorial Day weekend. Hotels in Monterey were very expensive and 1 room would not accommodate 5 of us. The Holiday Inn Express in Salinas was new, clean and had rooms with 2 queen and a sofabed. They had very high speed internet, free WiFi. The breakfast had hot items, including a pancake machine. The drive to Monterey was easy. We parked in the downtown west parking garage and took free trolley to Monterey Bay Aquarium. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 4 January 2011

We were your guests on 12/30 – 1/1. I just wanted to express our
gratitude for the wonderful stay at your hotel. Everyone was exceptionally
courteous and helpful. My husband attended a seminar for Elders of Jehovah’s
Witness’ at the local Kingdom Hall. Right from the start we received the
most gracious treatment. Paul the desk clerk accommodated us with a map and
directions. Also, he helped with the wireless when we encountered problems
connecting to the WEB. We forgot our cosmetic bag and her offered
toothbrushes, paste and shaver. I am in a wheelchair and at breakfast the
server was attentive, even offering to carry my items to the room on
Saturday. I chose to spend the day in bed on Saturday and the maid got me
ice and straightened the bathroom. I only asked her to get me ice and leave
me towels. In addition, she left the $5 tip I had put on the towels for her.
(I left her an envelope with the tip and a note—do you know if she received
it?) We attend conventions every year and have stayed in some wonderful
hotels. My favorite hotel being the Westin. I would certainly rate our
accommodations at the HIE equal to those at the Westin. The hotel is
spotlessly clean and the décor so pleasant.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2010

This is a very nice, newer, clean hotel in Salinas. It is in an area with a couple other hotels and sits between the highway, some farmland, and a residential area. The staff was nice and hotel was clean and I was very satisfied. I would definitely stay here again. And as a plus, there is an In N Out just down the street.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Our family of 4 (including 2 kids, 7 year-old and 1 year-old) stayed there one night in September 2010. Since it was during the Monterey Jazz Festival, all the hotels in Monterey Area were so expensive for us to consider (e.g., $200/night for 2-star hotels). We decided to try this hotel and we couldn't have been happier. It was about 30 min. scenic drive from Monterey. When we first got off the freeway exit nearest to this hotel, the area did not look too safe. But as we drive up the street and moved on to the next block, things looked much better (fast food restaurant, other newly built hotels, etc.). The hotel looks new, and everything was clean. Beds were comfortable and flat screen TV, fridge, and microwave were all very nice. The A/C worked great as well. We saw an indoor pool from our room; we wished we had time to use it. Complimentary breakfast was also nice. They had coffee, tea, juices, breads/bagles/english muffins, cereals, stuff in the hot plates (omelette w/cheese, bacon, biscuit and gravy), warm cinnamon rolls, bananas, and more stuff in the fridge (milk, yogurt, and boiled eggs). Parking was free and well-lit. The service of the hotel was great. We called in advance to request for a crib in a room (no extra charge) and it was ready when we got there to check-in. The staff was friendly and efficient. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Clean, still feels new. Big rooms. Would stay again if I needed to.

• Stayed: October 2010