We decided at the last minute to head to Monterey and because it was a holiday weekend, our choices were rather limited. I ended up finding this hotel in Salinas and decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised. I booked a King Suite, knowing it had a pull-out sofa bed. I thought our 2 children would be able to sleep in this, while Dad and I took the king bed. Turns out, the sofa bed is a single pull-out bed. Not a big deal, our 10 year old just slept with us in the King but in hindsight, a double bed room (not a suite) would have provided a better sleeping option for us. That will teach me to decide last minute to take a trip.
Room appeared to be practically new and/or recently remodeled. Room smelled clean, new carpet, newly painted. Bathrooms were clean. Room had a fridge, microwave, iron, coffee, etc. DirecTV in the room, which was.
Pool was not that great, it's inside, which is nice but it was very stuffy in the pool-house. My son and I got in the spa and decided to not stay, as it had a pretty yucky "film" of "stuff", probably body oils, etc from other people that sort of started to bubble up once we turned on the jacuzzi. We are in the pool business (construction) so my husband teased me saying it wasn't going to kill us, but it still wasn't very appealing.
A complimentary breakfast was served each morning, which was a nice added benefit for the room, saving us probably $40 a day and tiding us over until we had a nice lunch elsewhere on our travels. Standard fare, better than continental for sure. A pancake maker, and I actually enjoyed the biscuits and gravy they had the first day along with sausage. The second day, they had biscuits but no gravy, just eggs (and pancakes.) Still, no complaints. Coffee was also good, with nice options for creamer and I enjoyed the guava juice they had along with the orange juice and apple juice.
A no frills hotel that really actually makes you feel like it's a nicer hotel than it is. I was pleasantly surprised. If we couldn't find a place closer to the beach, I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While lodging in our superior Salinas hotel, guests enjoy free, wireless Internet access, indoor pool and whirlpool, well-equipped Fitness Center, and a complimentary breakfast bar. Check out our Salinas hotel's excellent deals and start planning your trip today.Stay Smart. Stay at a Holiday Inn Express ;) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salinas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salinas Hotel Salinas
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Salinas
- Holiday Inn Express Salinas
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salinas California