“Great hotel!”

Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Salinas
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed here last week, and it was fabulous. The room was terrific, the breakfast was great, and service was excellent. It was a great hotel, we really enjoyed it, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
hiesalinas, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salinas, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
We're thrilled to hear you had a great stay with us david_lauth. It's our mission to make sure our guests are satisfied and we hope to see you again real soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
San Jose, California
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I was a regular at this hotel stayed there several times. The Hotel is a Perfect, the Pool is awesome the clerks I've always came across Paul and Gabriel are Very nice and professional very welcoming. The only problem was a Morning women Manger on duty who was Very Rude and Unprofessional she acted like she owned the hotel. She was trying to check me out at 10:00am when check out is a 12:00 and when I let her know she gave me adittude so I told her that I wanted to take to the hotel manger she didn't want to. I call corp. the agreed about the situation got my money bak thank god. I am no longer staying there Any more!
I ❤️ the Marriot Residence 20times Better as well as the staff and cheaper!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Debbiejohnso
hiesalinas, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salinas, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
We value your feedback Debbiejohnso and thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry to hear about your experience upon your check-out date. We definitely don't want our guests to feel pressured to check-out which is the reason why we have implemented a 12:00 PM check-out time rather than 11:00 AM which most of the other hotels do. I hope you can give us another chance to prove to you we are the number one hotel in Salinas.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed at this Hotel after driving through the silicon valley area. It is a good Hotel in a very quiet location. It is a lot less expensive than the San Jose area, since the airport there fills up every hotel for several miles around. Downtown Salinas is an interesting place to visit. I would consider staying here again if re-visiting the San Jose area.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank BCvacationer
Thanks BCvacationer for the review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. If you are ever in the area again and need accommodations we will definitely be more than happy to assist you.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to stay here for our quick weekend get away. The facilities are up to date, clean, and comfortable. We had a very spacious king room with modern design. Free internet worked perfectly and TV had tons of great channels. The complimentary breakfast was delicious with hot eggs, bacon, and biscuit with sausage gravy. The hotel even had a machine to make you two yummy pancakes.

The only small complaints we had include:

1) Towels could be softer
2) Inside curtains are for design not function so you are not able to completely block out the light of the room
3) Walls are pretty thin - we were by the parking exit (rm 101) and could hear everyone leaving as they were exiting the hotel in the morning
4) Check out front desk team member could have been friendlier

Overall an enjoyable stay! Would definitely come back!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you sleepyeyes1 for taking the time to write a review. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the majority of your stay. I will take note on your feedback as well and relay it to the rest of my team. We look forward to seeing you again!
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 29 January 2014

First off, I'm a business traveler averaging over 200 nights per year in hotels. I have stayed in numerous Holiday Inn Express properties throughout California and Nevada, and I've seen plenty of examples of them and the standards that each property maintains. Rarely do I actually write an internet review, but this location deserves it. I have stayed here close to a dozen times in the last couple of years, and this is the only place I'll stay at in Salinas.

HIE Salinas, to me, is the absolute benchmark standard for what a Holiday Inn Express should be. This is a newer property, and it's noticeable. Everything about this property is at the top level of quality for the HIE brand - The rooms, fixtures, furniture, bedding, everything.

Customer service from everyone at the front desk, to the housekeepers, to the breakfast attendants, and anyone else I've interacted with here is consistently fantastic. It's also greatly appreciated that as a Platinum IHG member, I'm consistently given a room upgrade at check in. That isn't always consistent with IHG, especially at Holiday Inn's.

There are little touches about this property that just consistently remind me how much I like staying here each time I come back - How immaculately clean the entire hotel is, the pantry store that's off the front desk with drinks and snacks, the high ceilings in the rooms and the alarm clocks that project the time onto the ceiling at night, the abundance of power outlets available throughout the room....all of these things remind me how much I appreciate having this as my go-to hotel whenever I'm working in the Salinas area.

I do have to at least mention that their nightly rates are significantly above the brand average.
Although this is definitely a benchmark hotel for the brand, the rates are definitely already as high as they need to be.

Other than that, if you're in the area, this the highest quality hotel you will find. Like anywhere else, that will mean you'll end up paying for that quality, but it's worth it. This truly is a fantastic property that sets a benchmark for not only other Holiday Inn's, but the entire IHG brand.

Great job to the entire management team here, and to the entire staff as well. Please keep it up!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bounty8111
hiesalinas, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salinas, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
First off I can't begin to tell you how thrilled we are from reading your review Bounty8111. I only apologize it's taken me this long to express our gratitude. We pride ourselves in doing the best job we can from management to our front desk agents, housekeepers, maintenance staff, laundry attendants and breakfast hosts. Your review has put a smile on everyone's face that works at our hotel. You don't know how much your kind words mean to us and we appreciate you taking the time to write such a heart warming review. We look forward to seeing you again!
pleasant grove, utah
Reviewed 17 January 2014

spent three nights here recently. very clean, professional staff, comfortable rooms. have stayed in a few other properties in Salinas and this is the best I've found. We had one small complaint which was addressed promptly and professionally.

Room Tip: I was a little worried because this hotel backs up to hwy 101 but there was no traffic noise. if yo...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank brentj539
Thanks for taking the time to write us a review brentj539. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope we will be your hotel of choice if you return to the area.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Needed last minute reservations for a quick trip to Salinas and was initially very skeptical about the hotel options in this little town. Holiday Inn Express & Suites definitely had the best reviews and I understand why! Very clean, spacious and pleasant with free breakfast, parking and Wi-fi. Service was excellent and we were able to check in significantly early, which made me very happy. Nice indoor pool! Definitely recommend if you ever need to go to Salinas!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Melissa M
hiesalinas, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salinas, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thanks Melissa M, we really appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.