“Never EVER go there!”

Travelers Hotel
Travelers Hotel
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Salinas
Reviewed 20 September 2011

when we arrived, our first thought was to leave again, because the place looked all shabby from the outside. Unfortunately we had already paid the room in advance. the guy from the reception suggested to pay another 5 bucks for a so called "deluxe room". i'm going to be straight forward with this: it was a dirty hell, the bathroom was all calcified (even the window) and anything but cleaned; there was mold in the drawers and the closets; the windows were so old you did hear everything from the street (big street, so you better bring some earplugs) and we had a really cold draft all night (there was no heating in our "deluxe" room).

as long as you're in your right mind you should never even think about staying here! take a look at the pictures we took! disgusting place!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank m4ng0
There are newer reviews for Travelers Hotel

Reviewed 25 August 2011

it was horible, stinky, dirty!!! the windows were broken the door had no dead bolt we stayed in the room 5 min. just long enough to get a cab and book a different hotel. bed bugs, scary and unsafe. the rooms look nothing like the photos online.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank mark t
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I was heading to Spirit West Coast and found this to be the cheapest hotel on priceline. So I booked it and then started to take a closer look at the "shared bathrooms". My first thought was what did I get myself into this time. But when I got there I was so suprised and felt very blessed. First of all it is really clean. The sheets are super soft and carpet feels great! Don't get me wrong this is an older hotel and the hallways need a paint job but once I got to my room I spotted a refridgerator, coffee maker, closet, and desk. He let me know about the free internet and dish network. I did end up spending 10 dollars more to upgrade to a room with a bathroom because I am a chicken, but I walked by and they did not look to bad. This hotel is in downtown Salinas and on Friday night there was a lot of fun street music and lively town people having fun. At 9pm they had stopped the music and it been quiet other then that. I loved this hotel and it was perfect for me.

Room Tip: Call them direct. It is a small hotel and I bet that the best deal would be to cut out the middle ma...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank motelmisty
Reviewed 21 May 2009

In the heart of historic Salinas, the very low-priced Traveler's Inn provides the most basic of accommodations for those who might want to avoid a cookie-cutter experience and support a 30 year old family business. If you have the patience, you'll be ok for a short stay, though honestly, one night was more than enough for me. Kevin, the young man who runs the place, was very happy to show me the room before I made the final decision to stay. This hotel provides a number of amenities such as working tv and fridge, coffee-maker and in-room space-heater mixed with a number of oddities: a shower that took a full five minutes to produce warm water (to his credit, Kevin gave me fair warning about this), nobody present at the front-desk during check in and check out ( I believe there was some kind of family emergency that day), lots of dated plastic flowers in the lobby , and an overall sad and passe vibe akin to an old-time boardinghouse. The major problem I found was a mattress pad with a non-breathable material on its underside that made for a less than comfortable sleep.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank madawaska2
Reviewed 27 May 2007

I enjoyed my stay: the Manager was friendly and helpful; I received a much more personal welcome than I experienced in Motels where, frankly, you're just one more of a number to be processed. And it was central - as an independent traveller relying (largely) on public transport it was much better placed than out of town

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank chestfield
A TripAdvisor Member
st. louis, mo
Reviewed 20 March 2006

We had a perfect stay. This hotel is so conveniently located to the John Steinbeck Museuem, Maya Cinemas, and many types of restaurants.The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We would definately stay at this hotel again if we were to go back to Salinas

• Stayed: March 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Compton
Reviewed 22 August 2005

I was searching for a hotel in a hundred mile area. This is the only one that had a room available. I see why. This place reminded me of my days on skid row many years ago. The hot water was cold and the cold water was hot. My wife flushed the toilet and everything came back up. I would rather sleep in a ditch than this hotel.

O.S.T