The Good Nite Inn is rated as a 1 to 2 star hotel. Don't expect it to be more. It isn't. Our recent stay was for two nights. The alternative was sleeping in our car. For cleanliness our car would have been better, but the Inn had 2 flat surfaces that looked like beds and after camping for 2 weeks, a bed and a hot shower was enough to get us in the door.
It has beds.
Mattress is covered in plastic, sheets are thin and of a poor quality meaning you are sleeping on plastic sheeting. Great for clean up, horrible for sleeping. The cover is polyester, 80s polyester. Not sure when it was cleaned last. Pillows smelt horrible.
they have non smoking rooms.
it says non smoking on the door plaque. I don't believe that the guests staying in this room before us cared. It reeked of stale cigarette smoke. Years and years of stale cigarette smoke.
A shower. (After weeks of camping this is a total pro!)
Towels are scarce and or a quality usually found in a thrift store, shampoo bottle was minuscule, bath was actually repaired with putty!!
But the real issue we had was that during the actual having of a hot shower, the person in the room next to us turned on a tap and immediately the water in the shower hot so hot that I actually screamed in pain as boiling hot water suddenly
drenched me as I washed my hair, resulting in me nearly falling on my face and breaking open my head as I dived out of the shower. Not what you would expect of any star hotel!
It has a pool. It is reasonable clean and tidy.
Don't expect to be able to see anything in the evenings, only one of the of the lights worked.
It seemed to have good security.
When 3 young men started pounding on our door at 10 at night laughing and calling out "open up, it's the police" we called security. Security response was "oh a soccer team is staying here, I will tell their coach." Thanks for that, it really help ease our minds for the next 10 minutes as we listened to our door being banged on!!
Overall it was exactly what we paid for, cheap and a bit nasty.
(Note to the owner/manager ... Getting a professional cleaning company to come in and do a deep clean of your rooms would really help with your customer complaints, having the same company show your cleaning staff how to maintain it, would also help. People don't expect much of a cheap hotel like yours; except cleanliness!!
And easy fix but one you have not done regardless of the reviews people put on here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Good Nite Inn, the number one economy hotel company in California. Come stay with us and you’ll discover what our loyal customers have come to expect time and time again: comfortable, clean, and modern accommodations at unbeatable prices. This hotel is located off 101 Highway, a few miles east of Monterey, Ca and South of Santa Cruz and San Jose, CA. The Ideal Budget Hotel in Salinas, CA is conveniently located near Oldtown Salinas, Hartnell College, A Taste of Monterey Wine Tours, Monterey Wine Country, National Steinbeck Center, The Steinbeck House, The Farm Agricultural Center, Wild Things at Vision Quest Ranch, Toro County Park, Laguna Seca Raceway, and Salinas Fairgrounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Good Nite Inn - Salinas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Good Nite Inn - Salinas Hotel Salinas
- Good Nite Hotel Salinas
- Good Nite Inn - Salinas California