“Inexpensive but bad”

Good Nite Inn - Salinas
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Salinas
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

The place looks like a regular motel like any other offering double rooms for ~55$.
Unfortunately, there are many issues that disqualify this hotel for anyone:

-Wifi costs extra, which would be ok, if the coupon they give you worked for more than one device (in a double room?!) and also is ridiculously slow.
-No shampoo in the room
-Old beds with horrible mattresses
-Room smelled like smoke

Worst of all, we had to change rooms because the bed sheets beneath (!) the coverlet was completely covered in long black hair. Disgusting.

Didn't see the hookers though as other reviewers suggested. Maybe they had the day off!

All in all, you're probably better off at motel 6 or some other place that costs the same anyway.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank langerhans88
GNISAL, General Manager at Good Nite Inn - Salinas, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your stay with Good Nite Inn Salinas. I Apologize for giving you a room that doesn’t meet our basic standards. We work hard to ensure our customers get a clean, comfortable room with basic amenities including shampoo. Unfortunately, there is a small fee for the internet but all together it is still less expensive than staying anywhere else. Thank you for acknowledging that our new security standards are working and anyone staying here will find this hotel to be a safe place to stay. Thank you for your comments. We use all feedback to help improve our service and strengthen our commitment to our customers.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Using a hotel coupon we got a great rate at this hotel. The rooms are modest and basic, but very clean. Helpful staff. Small town, but friendly. Its claim to fame is the fact that it's the home of famous author, John Steinbeck.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
GNISAL, General Manager at Good Nite Inn - Salinas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

On behalf of Good Nite Inn Salinas I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review about our hotel. We take your comments seriously as we use them to identify where we are excelling as well as to where we may need improvement. We are glad to read that your stay was satisfactory and hope you consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Salinas area. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to you see you again soon.

Lou Hatter
Business Manager

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This establishment should be ashamed of itself. A room was booked for me here due to proximity to the location of a conference for work. Upon my arrival, I noted police in the parking lot. I was then given a room at the back of the hotel. On my way to my room, I saw multiple prostitutes and pimps roaming the grounds. I also saw empty cans and 40 oz containers of beer. Random people were smoking and drinking in the halls and stairways. The room smelled of horrible bodily smells. There was fresh blood on the floor of my room. The window was not secure and appeared to have been broken into. Men were knocking on my door and catcalling to me. I felt so repulsed and unsafe I immediately left and found a hotel down the road. On my way to my car on the way out of there, I was confronted by other men. I was terrified. I never saw any security. When I told the management about my experience, they seemed unsurprised and unapologetic. T

1  Thank Katbelpor
GNISAL, Manager at Good Nite Inn - Salinas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

On behalf of Good Nite Inn Salinas I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review about our hotel. We take your comments seriously as we use them to identify where we are excelling as well as to where we may need improvement. I personally take the security of my guests as a primary concern. I welcome the police to use our dining area for breaks and coffee, and their presence seems to keep people, like the ones you have described, from visiting my property as often. It is a shame you did not take the opportunity to point out the prostitutes or men you saw to them or to myself as I am always happy to assist you. I am really sorry about your experience at the property. I am not sure which "management" you spoke to, but myself and my assistant can't seem to recall any guest having an experience quite like the one you have described. I do, however, thank you for your comments, and we will always work hard to ensure none of our guest have a similar experience in the future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I was placed in a room in the back with nothing but hookers and pimps..was told there was security and I didn not see any..I left.what a terrible place.dont take your family here thats for sure.the price wasnt that bad though but you can get a better room at a better location for the price

• Stayed: May 2014

On behalf of Good Nite Inn Salinas I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review about our hotel. We take your comments seriously as we use them to identify where we are excelling as well as to where we may need improvement. I personally take the security of my guests as a primary concern. Being a husband and a father of 2, I understand your need to feel safe as I work hard to ensure a safe environment for my own family. Being new to the property, I have taken steps to help improve security by adding plain clothed security during the day and I take action on the information provided. I hope to see you return to the property in the future. I think you'll be impressed by the changes. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to you see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

When we came back from our night out, the security guard had a person with him when we showed up and as we were walking to our room the man started to follow us and try to hit on us, and as 4 girls, I was highly afraid. Get a new security guard or don't have security at all.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I booked a room at the Good Nite Inn in Salinas over the weekend and was a bit hesitant due to the really low rate, but I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were large and clean and had a very comfortable bed. The sheets were crisp and the pillows were new. I had several conversations with both the housekeeping staff and front desk staff. Everyone was extremely nice and cheery on both days. Overall I enjoyed my stay and would definitely return! Best Value near the Monterey Peninsula!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
GNISAL, Operations Manager at Good Nite Inn - Salinas, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Rene Silva
Operations Manager
Good Nite Inn Salinas

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I had a reservation to check in at 3 p.m and 2 beds non smoking... We checked in at at 3:25 p.m was told that no room was ready... We had to wait 20 minutes also the ad states a jacuzzi and there's NONE... And the WIFI is not free... And there breakfast is coffee anyhow I just wanted to pay already to leave and come back and I was told I have to pay when I get back... Honestly I thought the lady was DUMN but what ever I told her my room ain't ready... So we're NOT STAYING HERE... and we went to the travelodge it was cool paid 10 dollars more and we had FREE WIFI... FREE BREAKFAST AND ARE ROOM WAS READY... no jacuzzi but it was pretty kool

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

On behalf of Good Nite Inn Salinas I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review about our hotel. We take your comments seriously as we use them to identify where we are excelling as well as to where we may need improvement. We apologize for the late check in as we were experiencing a high volume of rooms sold from the previous night with limited staff. As far as the jacuzzi goes, we actually do not have a jacuzzi nor is it advertised anywhere online. Unfortunately, we do not offer breakfast but do have our coffee and tea for all guests to enjoy every morning. We hope you consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Salinas area so we may be able to show you how great our service can be. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to you see you again real soon.

Rene Silva