“Low price n good motel”

Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Salinas
Poway
“Low price n good motel”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I lived in here for a day. Location is good. There are stains on the carpet but doesn't really bothered me as I was there for single night only. Shower was making little noise.
Good room in low price.

• Stayed July 2014
GNISAL, General Manager at Good Nite Inn - Salinas, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay here. I will be happy to pass along your positive review on to my crew to encourage them to keep up the good work, and remind them why we should continue to work to keep our guest happy. Thank you so much for your comment.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We waited outside the office for nearly half hour while both staff members were off doing whatever. When they did arrive back they sat in the car smoking while we waited to check in, after a five hour drive. Once we got to the window the smell was obviously not cigarette smoke. We checked in and made our way to the room. It was simple but the lights did not work over the sink area. We had requested extra pillows on our reservation yet non were available. I'm 8 months pregnant and need them for support. We were disappointed but realized that this was not a value stay but one where you pay for what you get only. We won't return.

• Stayed July 2014
GNISAL, General Manager at Good Nite Inn - Salinas, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I Apologize for giving you a room that doesn’t meet our basic standards, and I assure you that I am doing everything I can to improve the experience for future guests. I believe that every guest is entitled to a clean and comfortable room with exceptional service and should leave feeling they have received an excellent value for the money paid. Thank you again for your comments. We use all feedback to help improve our service and strengthen our commitment to our customers.
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Do yourself a favor and spend the extra $30-$40 and stay at the Hampton across the parking lot. We chose this place because we were only in town for one night and wanted to save money. We paid $80 for a room that reeked of smoke. Cigarette burns in the carpet. Broken lights, and stained sheets and blanket. Bed extremely uncomfortable and woke up multiple times during the night because the fitted sheet kept coming up and we were on the actual mattress. Ew. Although clean, the bathroom was run down, rusted grout, and the hotel only supplied one small bottle of shampoo and a bar of soap. Couldn't even shower. Cheap. Will never be staying here again.

Oh and don't bother the office with any of your concerns, they are rude.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Deutschland
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

The place looks like a regular motel like any other offering double rooms for ~55$.
Unfortunately, there are many issues that disqualify this hotel for anyone:

-Wifi costs extra, which would be ok, if the coupon they give you worked for more than one device (in a double room?!) and also is ridiculously slow.
-No shampoo in the room
-Old beds with horrible mattresses
-Room smelled like smoke

Worst of all, we had to change rooms because the bed sheets beneath (!) the coverlet was completely covered in long black hair. Disgusting.

Didn't see the hookers though as other reviewers suggested. Maybe they had the day off!

All in all, you're probably better off at motel 6 or some other place that costs the same anyway.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank langerhans88
GNISAL, General Manager at Good Nite Inn - Salinas, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your stay with Good Nite Inn Salinas. I Apologize for giving you a room that doesn’t meet our basic standards. We work hard to ensure our customers get a clean, comfortable room with basic amenities including shampoo. Unfortunately, there is a small fee for the internet but all together it is still less expensive than staying anywhere else. Thank you for acknowledging that our new security standards are working and anyone staying here will find this hotel to be a safe place to stay. Thank you for your comments. We use all feedback to help improve our service and strengthen our commitment to our customers.
Waverley, Canada
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Using a hotel coupon we got a great rate at this hotel. The rooms are modest and basic, but very clean. Helpful staff. Small town, but friendly. Its claim to fame is the fact that it's the home of famous author, John Steinbeck.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
GNISAL, General Manager at Good Nite Inn - Salinas, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
On behalf of Good Nite Inn Salinas I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review about our hotel. We take your comments seriously as we use them to identify where we are excelling as well as to where we may need improvement. We are glad to read that your stay was satisfactory and hope you consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Salinas area. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to you see you again soon.

Lou Hatter
Business Manager
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This establishment should be ashamed of itself. A room was booked for me here due to proximity to the location of a conference for work. Upon my arrival, I noted police in the parking lot. I was then given a room at the back of the hotel. On my way to my room, I saw multiple prostitutes and pimps roaming the grounds. I also saw empty cans and 40 oz containers of beer. Random people were smoking and drinking in the halls and stairways. The room smelled of horrible bodily smells. There was fresh blood on the floor of my room. The window was not secure and appeared to have been broken into. Men were knocking on my door and catcalling to me. I felt so repulsed and unsafe I immediately left and found a hotel down the road. On my way to my car on the way out of there, I was confronted by other men. I was terrified. I never saw any security. When I told the management about my experience, they seemed unsurprised and unapologetic. T

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Katbelpor
GNISAL, Manager at Good Nite Inn - Salinas, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
On behalf of Good Nite Inn Salinas I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review about our hotel. We take your comments seriously as we use them to identify where we are excelling as well as to where we may need improvement. I personally take the security of my guests as a primary concern. I welcome the police to use our dining area for breaks and coffee, and their presence seems to keep people, like the ones you have described, from visiting my property as often. It is a shame you did not take the opportunity to point out the prostitutes or men you saw to them or to myself as I am always happy to assist you. I am really sorry about your experience at the property. I am not sure which "management" you spoke to, but myself and my assistant can't seem to recall any guest having an experience quite like the one you have described. I do, however, thank you for your comments, and we will always work hard to ensure none of our guest have a similar experience in the future.
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I was placed in a room in the back with nothing but hookers and pimps..was told there was security and I didn not see any..I left.what a terrible place.dont take your family here thats for sure.the price wasnt that bad though but you can get a better room at a better location for the price

• Stayed May 2014
On behalf of Good Nite Inn Salinas I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review about our hotel. We take your comments seriously as we use them to identify where we are excelling as well as to where we may need improvement. I personally take the security of my guests as a primary concern. Being a husband and a father of 2, I understand your need to feel safe as I work hard to ensure a safe environment for my own family. Being new to the property, I have taken steps to help improve security by adding plain clothed security during the day and I take action on the information provided. I hope to see you return to the property in the future. I think you'll be impressed by the changes. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to you see you again soon.