“Not again”

Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Salinas
Los Angeles, California
“Not again”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Carpet was very old and dirty
Bath was old/dirty and need remodeling.i have booked three rooms and never again.i have not seen 2 star hotels like this before.
it deserves 1 star. We were six adults and have the same opinion next morning. We spent may be 8 hours,likely it was during the night.

• Stayed July 2014
GNISAL, General Manager at Good Nite Inn - Salinas, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I Apologize for giving you a room that doesn’t meet our basic standards, and I assure you I will do everything I can to improve the experience for future guests. I believe that every guest is entitled to a clean and comfortable room with exceptional service and should leave feeling they have received an excellent value for the money paid. Thank you again for your comments. We use all feedback to help improve our service and strengthen our commitment to our customers.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
Reviewed 23 July 2014

i was put in a room that had torn up carpeting that looked like animals were living there. the wifi that i paid for did not work until late at night. the whole place was nasty - the staff at the desk were OK but the lift was so filthy that you would want to take a shower after using it

Room Tip: avoid this place
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We checked in very late at night. They had a security guard in the parking area for safety issues and to make sure that we were staying at this hotel because there are at least two hotels from the same parking area. I knew that our car would probably be safer due to him there, but usually means they've had issues, as well. Our room was set up well with the bathroom sink separate from the toilet and bathtub/shower. However, the shower/tub part could have been cleaner. Beds were OK, overall we got a better than expected room for the price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay here. I will be happy to pass along your positive review on to my crew to encourage them to keep up the good work, and remind them why we should continue to work to keep our guest happy. Thank you so much for your comment.
Elkhart, Indiana
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here on our way to SF. While the rooms are a little dated, it served the purpose of a place to stay for the night. It's right off of the highway too, so it was easy to get to. The rooms could be cleaner and the carpet definitely needs replaced, but the staff was friendly. When we bought our internet usage they threw in an extra code at no cost! Nice!

Poway
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I lived in here for a day. Location is good. There are stains on the carpet but doesn't really bothered me as I was there for single night only. Shower was making little noise.
Good room in low price.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We waited outside the office for nearly half hour while both staff members were off doing whatever. When they did arrive back they sat in the car smoking while we waited to check in, after a five hour drive. Once we got to the window the smell was obviously not cigarette smoke. We checked in and made our way to the room. It was simple but the lights did not work over the sink area. We had requested extra pillows on our reservation yet non were available. I'm 8 months pregnant and need them for support. We were disappointed but realized that this was not a value stay but one where you pay for what you get only. We won't return.

• Stayed July 2014
GNISAL, General Manager at Good Nite Inn - Salinas, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I Apologize for giving you a room that doesn’t meet our basic standards, and I assure you that I am doing everything I can to improve the experience for future guests. I believe that every guest is entitled to a clean and comfortable room with exceptional service and should leave feeling they have received an excellent value for the money paid. Thank you again for your comments. We use all feedback to help improve our service and strengthen our commitment to our customers.
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Do yourself a favor and spend the extra $30-$40 and stay at the Hampton across the parking lot. We chose this place because we were only in town for one night and wanted to save money. We paid $80 for a room that reeked of smoke. Cigarette burns in the carpet. Broken lights, and stained sheets and blanket. Bed extremely uncomfortable and woke up multiple times during the night because the fitted sheet kept coming up and we were on the actual mattress. Ew. Although clean, the bathroom was run down, rusted grout, and the hotel only supplied one small bottle of shampoo and a bar of soap. Couldn't even shower. Cheap. Will never be staying here again.

Oh and don't bother the office with any of your concerns, they are rude.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple