“Overpriced for not much”

Good Nite Inn - Salinas
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Salinas
Dayton, Ohio
“Overpriced for not much”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I have stayed here several times before this time the rate was outrageous compared to the previous stays. I was told by the front desk that their rate changes daily. I am a truck driver and stayed here due to previous rates. The clerk also put me on the top floor and as far away from parking as you could get which was a hardship to bring items to the room.

• Stayed July 2014
GNISAL, General Manager at Good Nite Inn - Salinas, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I apologize if you feel that the price you paid did not meet the quality you expected. I realize that the prices do tend to be higher during special events and weekends, but we do our best to make sure our prices are competitive with the local market. Thank you for staying with us. We use all feedback to help improve our service and strengthen our commitment to our customers.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Santa Rosa
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is normally $79 but on Monterey Car week it $195 - a joke. Rooms are dated, dirty, badly maintained, thin walls, lumpy bed, super old crappy TV. I called for lightbulb replacement & the phone rang 25/30 times before front desk answered. Then no one ever came or called. We figured out the wall switches were bad not a bad lightbulb. Staff didn't seem to care & were too casual.

• Stayed August 2014
GNISAL, General Manager at Good Nite Inn - Salinas, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014

It was really dirty. There were no towels in my room and it took 45 minutes to get some. The whole town needed a bath. The room smelled bad. The beds were very lumpy. The elevator was full of trash on the floor. The front door was off line and it took brute strength to open or close it. I would never stay there again!!

• Stayed August 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I Apologize for giving you a room that doesn’t meet our basic standards, and I assure you I will do everything I can to improve the experience for future guests. I believe that every guest is entitled to a clean and comfortable room with exceptional service and should leave feeling they have received an excellent value for the money paid. Thank you again for your comments. We use all feedback to help improve our service and strengthen our commitment to our customers.
Cotati
Reviewed 2 August 2014

For $50 I wasn't expecting much. When I arrived the staff was friendly and helpful.
But the rooms smelled aweful and the shower had hair in it.
The real kicked was on day 2 when they didn't replace the empty toilet paper! ... And made me walk down to the office to get it!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Two towels on arrival for 4 adult reservation. Bathroom need upgrade/repair - caulking missing and tile grout dirty. Beds need replacing they were uncomfortable with not enough support. Coffee was weak.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Rocklin, California
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We review comments prior to book and one of them says that they have hookers on the parking lot, we decide to book any way and see what extras they have, but when we arrive and during our time there no a single hooker or anything else to mention, only nice guests and good service!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay here. I will be happy to pass along your positive review on to my crew to encourage them to keep up the good work, and remind them why we should continue to work to keep our guest happy. Thank you so much for your comment.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Carpet was very old and dirty
Bath was old/dirty and need remodeling.i have booked three rooms and never again.i have not seen 2 star hotels like this before.
it deserves 1 star. We were six adults and have the same opinion next morning. We spent may be 8 hours,likely it was during the night.