“A good Comfort Inn”

Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Salinas
South of England
“A good Comfort Inn”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed here for our last night, and I used it as much cheaper than Monterey or Carmel to stay at. A nice clean room, good beds, good breakfast. My only negative comment - we had three of us in our room, and it was a bit cramped as there is so much built into the room, so with lots of luggage, this was an initial challenge but we worked around it.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
gmKalpna, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Salinas, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your business and hope you stay at our hotel again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Korean first
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Not the best, not the worst, this one is typical of the majority of Comfort Inns I have stayed in. The staff is friendly and accommodating and the rooms are decent size. The room I stayed in had a mini fridge, micro and ironing board so it makes it easy to have a few comforts both cold and warm. I have stayed at this hotel about 4 times and it is the same each time so I will stay here again on my next trip.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Wifi did not work and the instruction was confusing. I called the front desk. The Indian manager was impatient and rude: "instruction is written on the paper. Just follow the instruction. I am sure you know more than I do. "
What? I am supposed to know YOUR wifi?

The continental breakfast had a lot to be desired: crowded place and very very limited choices. Never be back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
gmKalpna, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Salinas, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
I thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. In response to your comment I would like to address that our hotel do provide written instruction to WIFI connection inside all guest rooms. It is unfortunate that the written instruction was confusing and the instruction provided by front desk was not delivered with ease. The WIFI instruction inside the room and WIFI instruction provided by all front desk will be reviewed. In addition, addressing your comment about the breakfast, all of the items to name few such as: cereal, hot eggs, sausages, and pastries are all franchise approved breakfast. The breakfast area can get crowded when the hotel is fully occupied and most guest's decided to eat at the same time, however, our staff attempts to accommodate by replenishing all items in timely manner. Thank you again for staying at our hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Salinas hotels

denver
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This hotel was definitely nice, clean, great staff well taken care of but the location is not ideal for a family. Perfect for a one night stay. Breakfast was fair. fast food at walking distance.. very helpful....

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review regarding your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your business and hope that you stay with us again.
Central Point, Oregon
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Excellent motel for a night's stopover. Comfortable rooms, and nice breakfast fare. Staff was helpful and polite. only negative would be that they lock up at 11am, but the staff explained why to my satisfaction, and I do have a room key that allows me to leave the motel and return without any problems.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Shorewood, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 July 2013

With a decent lobby and accommodating staff, this hotel is a good venue for group gatherings. This has a hot tub and a very nice indoor swimming pool, which can be hard to find in many parts of California. The rooms are more than adequate; the breakfast is a notch above standard; the service is good.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Los Angeles
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I was greeted very gracefully when I arrived and the hotel and its rooms were clean, well-appointed and more than adequate for my needs. The price was a consideration and with so few reputable lodging establishments in this hellhole of a town, this hotel was truly welcomed. Nothing to walk to so be prepared to drive to a restaurant but the only welcoming part of Salinas - arounf the Steinbeck Center - is only a three-minute drive. Friendly staff and easy freeway access.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business